PDA

View Full Version : whats your favorite crystal and why?

gorgeousbutterfly
03-07-2009, 06:25
i haven't meet all crystals yet but i really like moonstone and blue lace agate.

Angie9
03-07-2009, 06:46
I would have a really hard time picking just one favorite, but here's a short list;

smoky quartz - I wear it when there's lots of negativity at work
lapis - working with it to open up and release blocks I have put up
calcite - I absolutely love the way it feels in my hand??
spirit crystal - prettiest thing I've ever seen!
clear quartz points - I have lots that I love: one for balance, one for wisdom etc, etc.

I've been collecting for a good many years and have a little of everything. I don't necessarily work with them all I just love having them around.

morticia monroe
03-07-2009, 07:25
That's like asking which of my children I love best...they all have their redeeming features that I beautiful.

I will confess a weakness for smoky quartz. :)

pouter
03-07-2009, 08:40
Amethyst/violet or purple crystals.
Aquamarine soothing and calming and oozes tranquility.
Colemanite ( I don't know it's uses but it feels happy to be here)

Lysh
03-07-2009, 09:35
Right now moonstone....I need the emotional balance and serenity that the moonstone offers. I love its calming energy and beautiful, serene glow.

Indigo Rose
03-07-2009, 10:00
Hi Gorgeousbutterfly...nice name. :)
My favorites:
Amethyst~healing and opening psyche
Lapis Lazuli~opening psyche...great for preparing for intuitive work

Angie9
03-07-2009, 10:39
I've never heard of colemanite - I'm off to look that one up.

allecto
03-07-2009, 14:02
Have to say that I do love smoky quartz. I've got a lovely piece that looks like it has a dandelion clock inside it that I keep by my bed and I have some points in my workspace.
It changes depending on how I'm feeling. I was obsessed with peridot for a while and keep coming back to my citrine.

MCsea
03-07-2009, 20:09
hmm
Id have to say aquamarine - for so many reasons
but just one? that is hard..
moldavite,
phenacite,
Euclase,
Ocean Jasper
banded iron stone...
ok Ill stop there
(and apologise to my crystals I didnt name here ;)

MARINA

Alta
03-07-2009, 20:52
I don't have reasons, beyond that I feel a strong attraction:

lapis lazuli - there I think it is depth of colour.
ceylon blue sapphire - a hummm, a blue theme?? :)
chalcedony - the untreated pale mauve variety
malachite - I feel a strong attraction that. I have a necklace and it literally makes me feel secure when I wear it, almost blessed.
crystal (clear) quartz.
rose quartz
citrine

red :)
03-07-2009, 21:04
MOLDAVITE - has brought about immense life changes for me :) powerfull crystal !
DIOPTASE - has totaly balance me and my life, i love its energy and combined it with moldavite ... wow ! :)

SilverCloudedWolf
04-07-2009, 05:42
Any quartz but especially clear quartz points. However sad or upset I am I just look at them and they make me smile. That's not to say I don't love the rest of them...

minrice
12-07-2009, 08:59
I have a square moonstone pendant that I love to wear for it's calming properties. I'd wear it to school (I was a substitute teacher!) and I swear it helped me stay in the zen zone lol.

But I also love my huge quartz crystal point that is nearly as big as my hand! It's so heavy and gorgeous. And then Morticia gave me the prettiest citrine point I've ever seen, I love the colors it has and it looks so pretty in the sunlight! It brings so much life to the bowl of crystals on my tarot table!
But like the others have said it's hard to pick just a few, when you want to keep them all near at all times!

MsRubyRain
12-07-2009, 10:33
That's like asking which of my children I love best...they all have their redeeming features that I beautiful.

I will confess a weakness for smoky quartz. :)

I have a thing for smokey quartz also!! I love them all ...but sq...something about it..I so want a sq orb the size of a bowling ball, now would be perfect..ahahahaha!

Scorpio Kitten
22-07-2009, 11:13
Flourite is definitely my favorite stone. It's really good for mental clarity, meditation, analyzing, theorizing, etc. It's also beautiful, and ranges from deep purple to turquoise in color. I have a small sphere of flourite that I always have on my desk when writing my philosophy papers. It really helps get the job done.

Amethyst & moonstone for intuition, dreams etc.

Blue Tiger's Eye. I's just really drawn to it. It's so beautiful.

Jewel
03-09-2009, 06:53
The more I work with each individual crystal the more I just love them all *LOL*, but I seem to really be drawn to calming stones my favorites are:

Selenite - I just absolutly cannot have enough Selenite. Why? I love the high vibration. It was the first crystal I ever worked with and that I was able feel its life force. I find it very soothing and that I think more clearly through things when its around (hence I have a huge Selenite Egg in my office *LOL*).

Flourite - Again, another one of those I just cannot have enough of. Aside from being beautiful in all its colors and forms, it also seems to have a high vibration and to be soothing. It is different than Selenite for sure, but what Slenite does for mental clarity I find that the Flourite does for my emotional clarity.

Blue Lace Agate - I love the sense of peace and tranquility this stone affords me.

Obsidian - I don't know why, I am just simply drawn to it.

Carnelian - this is my recent new love. I love the high energy of this stone. Unlike most of my favorites, this one is all about energy and motivation. I have one small tumbled piece in particular that loves to be taken along on long power walks and running.

merissa_88
05-09-2009, 10:58
My new favorites are rocks from the American west like Kansas pop rocks, Boji stones, moqui marbles.

I also love rocks that you find on the ground. A woman I know calls these stones "mutt rocks".

Milfoil
05-09-2009, 14:58
Labradorite - its iridescence is beautiful. I have a pendant which I wear virtually all the time and a large slab of polished Labradorite which is just a joy to be around. Solid and grounded yet changing and mysterious it seems to embody what I most admire in others.

Clear Quartz - I have a few points and polished tumble stones of Quartz but the first one came from Ebay. I have no idea now why I felt drawn to it and the photo on ebay didn't do it justice but when it arrived it was much bigger than expected and had a beautiful feather formation inside it which has proved to be very much a part of my life too. We work well together and I feel honoured to be the keeper of such beautiful gems.

NakorTBR
06-09-2009, 01:34
Purple Flourite
Selenite
Blue Kyanite
Malachite
Citrine
Amber
Tektite
Moqui Balls
Boji Stones
Whole Geodes
Holey Stones

MantraTarot
06-09-2009, 02:46
When I was a child my gmom used to give me lots of crystals/stones/gems. And just recently (about a couple weeks ago) I started to get into them again due to a suggestion by a friend (she said for me to get some amethyst for protection and rose quartz to attract love).

Even though I'm new to this, while out searching for some crystals, I was IMMEDIATELY drawn to the black quartz and amazonite. I was only supposed to go into the store and get the rose quartz and amethyst, but ended up leaving with the BQ and A as well. I love them. There's something so beautiful and mysterious about those two pieces.

hollikristine
15-09-2009, 10:29
I don't think i could list a favorite, i love them all, but one i feel is highly underrated is howlite. No, it's not flashy like many stones out there, but i find to be a very gentle stone and great for sleep and dream work. Another stone i adore is ocean jasper. Just holding it for a few moments, and instant serenity.

Chronata
19-09-2009, 04:59
Clear, Smokey and Rose Quartz

Opal...especially Boulder or Water Opal!

Rainbow Moonstone

Tourmaline...especially two tones and watermelon

Alexandrite (my way too expensive color changing birthstone)

and for some reason, I am ALWAYS very drawn to Citrine.

missy
19-09-2009, 07:45
I have lots that I love but one that I'll mention since it hasn't been is Magnesite. :) Mine is White Magnesite; it looks like a brain :D and I have two tumble stones. It is good for worry/anxiety; good for use as a worry stone, so I can take the two stones in one hand and palm them and just generally play with them and tactilely they feel very good in the hand. This stone is also good for migraines.

:heart:

FatesLady
19-09-2009, 08:25
Flourite
Opals
Amethyst
Alexandrite
Mystic Fire Topaz (even though the colors come from a chemical bath)

I tend to REALLY love stones in shades of purple, green, and a little blue, as they match my aura and therefore help me feel centered, calm, and cleansed.

Brigid
19-09-2009, 13:23
I use a lot of crystals with my healing work, some of my personal favourites are Celestite, a lovely Pyrite sun, some large Quartz points with different inclusions and phantoms, Lapis Lazuli (which I use for past life work for myself) and Moonstone.

lovestories
02-11-2009, 14:53
Ocean jasper, hands down. Wearing my necklace with an ocean jasper pendant, I feel more serene and grounded.

Another stone I adore is green jade.

Alta
02-11-2009, 21:15
oh, me too. I love green and green blue stones in general.

I have a necklace of highly polished sodalite, it is such a deep rich blue, much more luscious than lapis. I think that it is my fav.

Morgane_49
04-11-2009, 13:37
Oh, goodness...I have quite the collection and love them all!

Carnelian is one of my favourites - great for the hormones!

Amethyst clusters and stones are all over my house. I love the calming properties of it.

I keep a piece of moonstone, sunstone, rose quartz or amethyst in with each of my tarot decks for the energies they give off.

I use tree agate for ailing house plants.

minrice
04-11-2009, 13:49
I love agate. I have a long rope of heavy, real agate beads that I wear a lot. I just think it is such a pretty stone!

I also love clear quartz, I have a huge quartz point I love to hold and look at.

Dancing Bear
04-11-2009, 19:14
Garnet
Turquoise
Moonstone
Amethyst
Clear & Smokey Quartz
Carnelian
Agate
Onyx
Amber

God I could keep going.. I have loads of favourites.. But Garnet is the one I wear a LOT of, and have a lot of.. Amethyst comes in close.

Mellaenn
09-11-2009, 11:30
I love many crystals but I especially love these:

Rose Quartz - Love its ability to hold loving and healing vibrations
Clear Quartz Clusters - Helps to balance my atmosphere
Amethyst - For healing and recovery
Turquoise - Aids with communication and spiritual connection

Eyes Wide Open
10-11-2009, 04:16
What I love seems to depend on the day (funny how that works) My all time faves, though are probably clear and amethyst.

Lately, I've been drawn to moon "things" so I'm also attracting to moonstone.

I don't necessarily use them "as they are supposed to be used." I have a wonderful citrine piece I knew was "mine" when I got it for a ridiculous price. However, it doesn't want to be used on the SP, but loves to clear the heart space.

I just got a new piece of pink/peach calcite to work with at the gem show yesterday :D

WolfyJames
10-11-2009, 05:34
I've got quite a few myself.

- Opal: I've always loved opals as far as I can remember and I was really happy to get a nice ring with 5 opals, I still wear it.

- Amethyst: I love the color and I find it soothing, I keep one with my decks. Unfortunately, the amethyst on one of my rings got ruined and well I now feel amethyst-less. I need to find another ring with an amethyst.

- Hematite: I love its metallic color. I started wearing an hematite ring in my teen and I still do. I love as well its properties, I feel better wearing it.

- Garnet: This gem is my month gem (january) and I really love it for its rich deep red-bordeaux color. I also like its meaning which is constancy.

- Amber: This is a crush that came later in life for me and now I find amber very beautiful and I had to get one of course, which I did (kind of, got one as a gift). I love its warmth.

- Rose quartz: That one is more recent, I'm not fond of baby colors in general, those horrible pale colors they use for baby stuff, and baby pink included, so I've pretty much ignored rose quartz for quite some time up until one-two years ago. I like their healing properties on the emotional level so I keep one close to me.

Logiatrix
10-11-2009, 07:29
I have A LOT of different crystal jewelry pieces that I enjoy for their healing purposes. However, my ABSOLUTE favoritest crystals are LEPIDOLITE and SELENITE. I don't wear them like most of my other favorites, I prefer to carry them in my pocket or purse as tumbled stones, palm stones or wands, and I keep a couple of larger lepidolite specimens by my bed. I looove them...:love: