Do animials benefit from crystals?

pouter

I am assuming animals benefit the same as humans. My cat adores crystals being rubbed over her fur. She will push her nose onto the crystals and roll over to let me run the crystal over her. She will lay and purr and seems happy.
Is this normal?

MCsea

I completely agree, animals LOVE crystals, I think they dont NEED as much as 'we' seem to need, they dont need to OWN the crystals either ;)
my dog love crystals, we keep a rose quartz by her drinking bowl - just so she knows we love her..
she knows

MARINA

pouter

I place them under the bed pillow and she somehow knows and likes to sit on the pillow looking regal. An amethyst egg is one of her favourites. I think she likes how cold it feels too.
I have to be carful as sometimes she will hold the crystal in her paw push it under her belly and won't let me near it. She will guard it. She is very quick at that and I have had to let her sleep as she will claw me f I try to take it from her. It isn't often she does that but maybe she feels she needs it for some reason.
She likes scratchier ones if she is malting but I don't like to think of her hurting herself. She is currently rubbing herself on the edge of the door she is itchy with the heat.
She isn't drinking out of her bowl and likes to drink off of the patio chair.We have to put water on it so she can paddle in it. she pads up and down in it. weird cat!
I am happy to read that your dog likes Rose Quartz. It is always good to show love and maybe crystals is a way of them feeling they are bonding with us.

MCsea

SO CUTE
thank you for sharing

I love my pet - she is more than a pet - like many people would say, more like a 3 yr old who is way more spiritual than I will ever be..
but I can try :)

MARINA

celticnoodle

I don't see why they wouldn't help animals the same as humans! My friend who is a Reiki Master uses reiki on animals all the tiem with great results, in addition to her 'human' clients. so why not crystals?

pouter

I decided to try something else as she likes the crystal cold. I put the amethyst in the fridge for a few minutes. It lasts longer than an ice cube. ( I didn't want the crystla to crack from the cold so I didnt expeose it to it for too long.
She is a little sweetie but woke me up as she fell off the edge of the bed last night. She is particular which part of the bed she sleeps on. I suddenly heard a 'donk' and she was on the floor on all fours lol.
If they are used with animals then they must be useful with plants. It just seemed logical to me they would be. I have used gemstone chips in my Orchid and it is blooming nicely we have 5 flowers on it at the moment.
I don't think I will add the gemstones to lettuce bowls lol!

allecto

Hi,

Further to this discussion, I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. One of my cats died recently (she was a very old lady but it was still so sad) and the remaining cat seems to be pining- she won't eat and has mewed herself hoarse. Is there anything that I might give her to help her? Rose quartz (in her basket perhaps?) struck me as the obvious answer but I'd love to know if anyone has any thoughts.

~a

celticnoodle

allecto said:
Hi,

Further to this discussion, I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. One of my cats died recently (she was a very old lady but it was still so sad) and the remaining cat seems to be pining- she won't eat and has mewed herself hoarse. Is there anything that I might give her to help her? Rose quartz (in her basket perhaps?) struck me as the obvious answer but I'd love to know if anyone has any thoughts.

~a
crazy lace agate. this stone needs to be cleansed often in sunight, moonlight or rain and is great forhealing emotional pain.

Lapis will also help with depression.

Sardonyx is supposedly great for healing depression and unhappiness.
Stichtite for grief
Black Tourmaline for depression
Zebra Stone for depression
Zircon also for depression and speeds the healing.

sorry to hear about your kitty dying, and that the other kitty is so depressed over it. this is quite common in animals where there are 2 or more in a household. when one dies the other(s) will mourn. because of her throat being so hoarse, maybe the zircon is the thing to try.

Milfoil

allecto said:
Hi,

Further to this discussion, I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. One of my cats died recently (she was a very old lady but it was still so sad) and the remaining cat seems to be pining- she won't eat and has mewed herself hoarse. Is there anything that I might give her to help her? Rose quartz (in her basket perhaps?) struck me as the obvious answer but I'd love to know if anyone has any thoughts.~a

So sorry to hear about your loss Allecto.

I honestly don't know if cats respond to the same vibrations as we do but its worth a try.

Red Jasper and Haematite are very grounding, they may be able to help bring puss back to the here and now.

allecto

My other cat died too - the vet said sometimes with old animals that have always been together when one goes the other just gives up :(
But thanks for your thoughts, everyone. At least getting lots of attention made her feel a bit better, I hope.
~a