View Full Version : Madagascar Rose Quartz Gemmy?

04-07-2009, 23:17
Madagascar Rose Quartz Gemmy? I am trying to find out if it holds different properties to the paler rose quartz, but so far the information is eavading me can anyone help please?

Thank you

Briar Rose
08-07-2009, 14:17
Define what you mean by properties? I think from what I remember in my geology class, rose quartz will have the same components as any other named rose quartz. I think what you are referring to is the quality? And your rose quartz (pictured) is a very good gem quality.

Do you mean opaque or pale? To me when my Crystals are pale I feel the energy is drained from them. To say opaque rose quartz, I would say you are referring to not being able to see through it, and have too much whitish-pink.

What gives rose quartz it's color is traces of manganese or titanium.

I love your posted. Thank you for getting me excited about Crystals tonite.

09-07-2009, 01:15
Hello Briar Rose, I am trying to find the metaphysical uses of Madagascar Rose Quartz. This is the first time I have encountered rose quartz without it being cloudy.
I am still very unsure whether or notit is rose quartz. I can't see it's likeness.
There is a pendant in the gallery link which is meant to be the same.
I am thrilled you are enjoying crystals. I feel crystals have so much to offer and it is a shame they are over looked. I am no longer over looking them and I am loving working with them.

Thank you!

Briar Rose
28-07-2009, 08:19
Just from a photo I couldn't tell where your "gemmy" rose quartz came from. You have to find the seller, if they know and you trust them.

You are right, it's gemmy. Gemmy is a word used in the jewelry industry for minerals meaning that they are of such good quality they can be used in jewelry. Yours is a pretty good quality. I have seen rose quartz VERY VERY clear.