Juno in 12th house?

AmethystEyes

I have this and I've heard different things about it some bad and some good. Anyone know anything about this placement?

Bernice

Juno... Jupiter?

I have Jupiter in the 12th, but that's with the House system I'm using. What system are you using?

Bee :)

Minderwiz

I think the reference is to the asteroid Juno.

The use of asteroids has a fairly chequered career. Juno was discovered in 1804 (well before the discovery of Neptune) and like other early asteroid discoveries, such as Ceres the very first discovered in 1801), Pallas and Vesta had an early impact on Astrology but by the middle nineteenth century they had fallen out of use and only reapperaed as in any significant role in the 1980s.

That means that we should be careful at attributing precise meanings to them and their placement. As DevilishAngel says, even amongst those who use them, three are a fair variety of meanings attributed.

Personally, I don't use the asteroids at all. Not because I don't think they are valid (though I'm sceptical) but because there are enough other bodies and points already there.

I think if we are not careful it's easy to fall into the trap mentioned by Stephen Arroyo. that there become so many objects in our schema that by sheer weight of numbers something somewhere must always be significant (though not necessarily consistently so).

At the most though, these bodies are of relatively minor significance compared to the planets and, unless you are going to use a chear system of interpretation based on them, best ignored.

Incidentally at the time Pluto was demoted to 'planetoid' by astronomers, there was an argument for raising Ceres to the same level. In the event Ceres was reclassified as a dwarf planet like Pluto and is the smallest of the 10 dwarves (Shouldn't that be Seven?) Pluto incidentally is only the second largest. No other Asteroid was reclassified as a dwarf planet.

214red

i have only just found out about the vertex via sasha fenton...now juno, will never finish studying astrology:)