PDA

View Full Version : thread closure please

pouter
06-07-2009, 02:31
Too much controversy please close the thread.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=120970

Thank you

Sulis
06-07-2009, 23:09
I've been trying to PM you pouter but you've turned your PMs off in the middle of our conversation.

We don't usually close threads on demand but since it's unclear whether this is a tarot topic or not, the thread has been closed.

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator

Grigori
11-07-2009, 10:52
Hi Pouter,

I've removed your other thread from the tech support forum. I'm unable to contact you directly about this since your PM and email is switched off. Your post has been passed to the right moderators for discussion.

If you would like to draw a thread to a moderators attention, please use the post report feature. At the bottom of each post is a small exclamation mark button. Pressing this will allow you to make a report on an area of concern and the appropriate moderator will follow it up.

The tech support forum is really only for technical issues, and not a place to discuss the content of threads.

Thanks!
Similia :)

pouter
12-07-2009, 03:10
I will have to figure out how to switch pms on again.

Moonbow
12-07-2009, 03:18
Hi Pouter

Go to User CP
Edit Options
then second box down says "Enable Private Messaging"

pouter
12-07-2009, 04:22
I don't use my pm as I feel anyone can say anything when it's private. I feel if someone wants to say something it should really be in public.
I have had too many times in chatrooms where people have asked private questions and personal details, yet the sender of the questions may refuse to give theirs. I have been banned for denying info. when you try not to answer it has snow balled.
I just feel it is too easy for someone to speak their mind in a private manner and it's unfair as you can't say anything to protect yourself.
I really would prefer speaking in main chat and yes my email is switched off because I only use that for close friends. I don't want to be hassled via email.
I like being a private person and I don't feel the need to share private details.

Sulis
13-07-2009, 04:17
I don't use my pm as I feel anyone can say anything when it's private. I feel if someone wants to say something it should really be in public.
I have had too many times in chatrooms where people have asked private questions and personal details, yet the sender of the questions may refuse to give theirs. I have been banned for denying info. when you try not to answer it has snow balled.
I just feel it is too easy for someone to speak their mind in a private manner and it's unfair as you can't say anything to protect yourself.
I really would prefer speaking in main chat and yes my email is switched off because I only use that for close friends. I don't want to be hassled via email.
I like being a private person and I don't feel the need to share private details.

Hi Pouter,

I'm trying to understand this but it's difficult since you have reported posts and contacted moderators yet they cannot contact you.
Some things need to be said privately and not on the open forum.

There is also no need for you to give away any of your personal information in a PM.

gregory
13-07-2009, 05:05
Mods do not abuse the PM system. If anyone else does you can block them individually.

Posts about modding are against the rules, so it has to be done in private. PMs are OK. And mods need to be able to make contact at times....

Moonbow
13-07-2009, 08:01
pouter, turning off PMs and emails is your prerogative.

But, please do not discuss this as a 'Technical Issue' for the whole forum, and indeed the whole www, as no one is interested in your private squabbles with other forums. If you find any of your posts or threads removed it will be because they do not follow forum guidelines, and the moderators have not been able to give you an explanation why.

Aeclectic Tarot is not a chatroom so please do not treat it as such. Personally I would like to see this whole thread removed as it is not in the spirit of Aeclectic and the way the forum and its members like to operate.