Well, a card is missing!

Beebs_94

I feel like i was suppose to post this somewhere else but i dont know where else to post it lol! Last night i wanted to do a reading for myself on a new spread that i found and was quite excited to try. I wanted to use a significator so i was looking for the 10 of Cups or the 2 of Cups. THen i thought, well, why not use the Lovers Card...so i looked, and looked, then i counted how many cards i have and low and behold, ITS GONE!!!!!!!! I cant find the card anywhere!!!!

So now i wonder how long its been gone, and what happenes to the validity of all the readings i've done!!! So here's my question to everyone, are my previous readings valid without the Lovers Card in the deck??

obeygravity

I've been working with 3 missing cards for the past few months, and I don't really feel like it's messing with the accuracy of my readings. There's different ways to convey a message, so I always feel like if the cards can't do it one way, they'll find another way to tell me. (though I have decided to place an order for the replacement. There's a part of me that's unsettled over the idea of a non-full deck).

Alta

Beebs_94 said:
So now i wonder how long its been gone, and what happenes to the validity of all the readings i've done!!! So here's my question to everyone, are my previous readings valid without the Lovers Card in the deck??
Yep, no question, throw out every reading that you have ever done with that deck. :joke:

nisaba

Alta said:
Yep, no question, throw out every reading that you have ever done with that deck. :joke:
<appalled> Don't say that! Some people might believe you!

AmethystEyes

Lol (alta and nisaba) oh my.... do you think it's suppose to mean something?

Grizabella

If the card wasn't there, it wasn't supposed to be there. :)

Le Fanu

To me, if a deck is missing a card and it is genuinely lost, and there really is no chance of finding a replacement, then the deck is worthless. I really think this. And yes, I think it really puts the readings off kilter

I would use the rest of the deck for booksmarks or something...

I suppose some might use the extra card/title card/that list that comes with LoS decks, as a substitute. I personally wouldn't. I know myself well. Either Lost and Found thread, scrap-book, bookmarks or trash...

I mean, would you play bridge or poker with 51 cards? Well you might, but you probably wouldn't find any partners willing to play...

Beebs_94

obeygravity said:
I've been working with 3 missing cards for the past few months, and I don't really feel like it's messing with the accuracy of my readings. There's different ways to convey a message, so I always feel like if the cards can't do it one way, they'll find another way to tell me. (though I have decided to place an order for the replacement. There's a part of me that's unsettled over the idea of a non-full deck).

I know me too! I feel like the reading isnt complete if the deck isnt complete. I dont know what to do about the deck now...I was looking around and i saw the Anna K Tarot deck and i really think its nice, i might go and get it.

Yep, no question, throw out every reading that you have ever done with that deck.

LOL!!!! Alta!!! Nisaba is right, some people might believe it....ya mabey i am one of those people who for a split second actually believed it lol...

DevlishAngel and Grizabella, i was thinking that the Lovers Card not being there is ironic and im quite sure that it does really mean something.

I wonder what its suppose to mean!

Beebs_94

Le Fanu said:
To me, if a deck is missing a card and it is genuinely lost, and there really is no chance of finding a replacement, then the deck is worthless. I really think this. And yes, I think it really puts the readings off kilter

I would use the rest of the deck for booksmarks or something...

I suppose some might use the extra card/title card/that list that comes with LoS decks, as a substitute. I personally wouldn't. I know myself well. Either Lost and Found thread, scrap-book, bookmarks or trash...

I mean, would you play bridge or poker with 51 cards? Well you might, but you probably wouldn't find any partners willing to play...

I know what you mean, i think i'm going to invest in a new deck when i have a bit extra cash on me. I mentioned on a previous post that i want to get the Anna K Tarot deck, but i'd have to get it shipped over and it might take some time....

I kinda dont wanna wait for a deck cause i feel lost without my deck ;-)

agata

one card lost?

Keep a note on which card it is even after you've given up. I lost a card and counted the deck at least three times. When I went back to the deck several weeks later nothing was missing after all. Now I wish I knew which card it was because it had to mean something.