PDA

View Full Version : Healing for the Heart

BodhiSeed
07-07-2009, 05:17
Does anyone know of any crystals for a heart that has been ripped out, stomped on, and spit on? (This is not a romantic relationship, but one in which all trust and kindness was pretty much trashed.)

Hathor
07-07-2009, 05:31
Bodhran, I can't help you with the crystal , but I am really really sorry and I know exactly how you feel right now. I am in the same place. My deepest sympathy.

Hathor

mysticmanth
07-07-2009, 05:33
Rose Quartz is the best stone for a broken heart as it works with the heart chakra. Wear it close to your heart, either on a locket or in your bra.

lark
07-07-2009, 06:07
So sorry to hear you're hurting bodhran.
For heartache besides rose quartz which is a good one you might try
chrysocolla
lapis
rhodonite
topaz
lepidolite
Wear which ever one you feel the most comforted by over the heart area continuously.

Nevada
07-07-2009, 06:24
Rose quartz is my all-time favorite for gentle, healing energy of the unconditional love kind.

BodhiSeed
07-07-2009, 07:02
(((:heart:Hathor, Mysticmanth, Lark, and Nevada:heart:))) Thank you from the bottom of my bruised but still beating heart. :)

MCsea
07-07-2009, 08:35
So sorry to hear you're hurting bodhran.
For heartache besides rose quartz which is a good one you might try
chrysocolla
lapis
rhodonite
topaz
lepidolite
Wear which ever one you feel the most comforted by over the heart area continuously.

I agree with these as well as Rose qtz
but can suggest
Yellow fluorite and red calcite for 'recovery'

hugs to you
MARINA

BodhiSeed
07-07-2009, 10:01
Thank you dear Marina!:heart:

Hathor
07-07-2009, 10:56
What do you think Bodhran, get one of each ? I also like Marina's suggestion for recovery. Those together with time will get both you and I through this awful period.

BodhiSeed
07-07-2009, 11:51
I'm working on a Heart Chakra altar now, and most of these stones will be on it (I'll save a few to carry a few too). I think the only one I don't have is topaz.

Nevada
07-07-2009, 12:20
I thought of the heart chakra earlier and almost suggested rose quartz and aventurine combined, to represent it. You might want to try a bit of aventurine on your heart chakra altar if you have some.

BodhiSeed
07-07-2009, 23:17
I thought of the heart chakra earlier and almost suggested rose quartz and aventurine combined, to represent it. You might want to try a bit of aventurine on your heart chakra altar if you have some.
Got it! Thank you Nevada!:heart:

pouter
08-07-2009, 00:37
I have been following the thread and send you hugs from the uk.
is Amethyst of help with the heart? I had this thought if crystals are shaped into hearts is it because their properties reflect the heart area? or is it for attractiveness?

Milfoil
08-07-2009, 00:47
{{{{{{{{Bodhran}}}}}}}}} {{{{{{{{Hathor}}}}}}}}}

I can only echo thoughts of Rose Quartz and Aventurine, possibly Garnet too as a regenerator and warm purifyer.

BodhiSeed
08-07-2009, 04:39
Thank you Pouter and Milfoil!:heart:

pouter
08-07-2009, 05:15
Maybe a heart shaped crystals might help too Bodhran. Maybe as a centre piece? or a carved Angel. Just a thought.
I really should make an altar, but I have no room for one. I have used my altar for paperwork...eek.

Briar Rose
08-07-2009, 14:41
((( :heart: Bodhran :heart: )))

BodhiSeed
08-07-2009, 22:12
Maybe a heart shaped crystals might help too Bodhran. Maybe as a centre piece? or a carved Angel. Just a thought.
I really should make an altar, but I have no room for one. I have used my altar for paperwork...eek.
I've added two heart-shaped stones - an aventurine and a rhodonite.:)

Thank you Briar Rose:heart:!

Hathor
09-07-2009, 00:44
This weekend I will go into Manhattan and get the stones that have been recommended here. Bodhran, my most humble apologies if I intruded on your thread. I feel a little guilty about that.

Thank you Milfoil !

lark
09-07-2009, 01:02
Just wanted to also include pink kunzite...this is for when you are ready to open the heart to trust and love again.

gorgeousbutterfly
11-07-2009, 05:13
using real essential rose oil and rubbing it over your heart also helps.

BodhiSeed
11-07-2009, 05:35
This weekend I will go into Manhattan and get the stones that have been recommended here. Bodhran, my most humble apologies if I intruded on your thread. I feel a little guilty about that.
Please don't feel guilty! I'm glad to know that this thread will help others too, instead of just me!:heart:

Thank you Lark and Gorgeousbutterfly for your additional suggestions of pink kunzite and rose essential oil.:)

perilune
11-07-2009, 06:14
Hi Bodhran, I am so sorry for what you had to go through, and I hope you will start to feel better soon.

Just to add to the list above, have you perhaps considered apache tears? It can ease pain, loss, sadness and anger and can help heal a person so that they can move on with life.

<3

floracove
11-07-2009, 06:18
Hi Bodhran, I'm sorry to hear this, I know how you feel and just wanted to leave you a hug.

(((Bodhran)))
:heart:

BodhiSeed
11-07-2009, 06:28
Thank you Perilune and Floracove:heart: Perilune, I have an Apache tear stone, but didn't think about using it, so thank you.

This has been a really great learning experience for me. Not necessarily fun or pain-free, but definitely full of lessons. One thing I've learned is that the more I tell my "story" (regardless of the cruelty and injustice) the more I experience all the awful emotions that go with it. I went through the actual event only once, yet I keep going through the anger and grief over and over. I finally realized that if I let go of my story, the anger and grief would subside as well.

floracove
11-07-2009, 06:36
One thing I've learned is that the more I tell my "story" (regardless of the cruelty and injustice) the more I experience all the awful emotions that go with it. I went through the actual event only once, yet I keep going through the anger and grief over and over. I finally realized that if I let go of my story, the anger and grief would subside as well.

Yes, it is good to get all those negative feelings out of you, it helps with the healing...

HearthCricket
11-07-2009, 07:40
Does anyone know of any crystals for a heart that has been ripped out, stomped on, and spit on? (This is not a romantic relationship, but one in which all trust and kindness was pretty much trashed.)

(((Bodhran))) I am so sorry. Been there recently and it is not fun. Besides working with some excellent oracles and working through the majors of the Sacred Circle Tarot, I have also been using crystals for the same thing.

Rose Quartz and Pink Kunzite~For forgiveness and love of self/self esteem. Nice to have a heart shaped one or jewelry of these stones.

Turquoise~For protection

Amethyst~For self-worth

Tiger Eye~For soothing emotional turmoil

Ocean Jasper~Heals the heart and soothes the mind/heart.

Others would also include jade, serpentine and other green or pink stones, a Kwan Yin statue in these colours (also flourite) who hears the sorrows of the world. I would also do a cleansing ceremony. Clear your chakras, reallign them, smudge yourself and drum away your sorrow. :heart:

perilune
11-07-2009, 07:44
Two years ago I went through something similar to you and that was how I learnt about the stone - a friend gave it to me to help me heal, and I like to think it helped. Give the healing process some time, you might want to be over it right now, but since it's just happened so it will take a while, but it will happen. I wish you all the best!

pouter
11-07-2009, 08:04
Hi Bodhran, I borrowed a gemstone book from the library it does have a piece on healing the heart. I will look at it later and see if there is anything that can be added. It might be of use it might not, just take what you need from it. Keep your chin up and know there are other's out there who do care even if we are worlds away. I am glad to know you are doing something productive and the altar is a great way of healing. The heart stones sound nice.

BodhiSeed
11-07-2009, 10:40
Thank you (((Perilune and Pouter))):heart:!

BodhiSeed
11-07-2009, 10:46
(((Bodhran))) I am so sorry. Been there recently and it is not fun. Besides working with some excellent oracles and working through the majors of the Sacred Circle Tarot, I have also been using crystals for the same thing.

Rose Quartz and Pink Kunzite~For forgiveness and love of self/self esteem. Nice to have a heart shaped one or jewelry of these stones.

Turquoise~For protection

Amethyst~For self-worth

Tiger Eye~For soothing emotional turmoil

Ocean Jasper~Heals the heart and soothes the mind/heart.

Others would also include jade, serpentine and other green or pink stones, a Kwan Yin statue in these colours (also flourite) who hears the sorrows of the world. I would also do a cleansing ceremony. Clear your chakras, reallign them, smudge yourself and drum away your sorrow. :heart:

Thank you HC:heart:! You've given me some more great ideas. I do have a brass Kwan Yin I could use, and I think I'll see if I can get an appointment to have my chakras balanced. And drumming... how could I forget to do the one thing that I LOVE to do?! LOL I've been doing some journeying of late, and got some very sage advice from my spirit helper. It feels good to do something proactive...

HearthCricket
11-07-2009, 11:19
Thank you HC:heart:! You've given me some more great ideas. I do have a brass Kwan Yin I could use, and I think I'll see if I can get an appointment to have my chakras balanced. And drumming... how could I forget to do the one thing that I LOVE to do?! LOL I've been doing some journeying of late, and got some very sage advice from my spirit helper. It feels good to do something proactive...

Indeed! I see a therapist a few times a year to just keep in touch with my agoraphobia and anxiety. We talked a lot about what I have been going through and she accurately compared it to the various stages of grieving. I even said I felt like the person I knew and loved had died and some other person, whom I could not recognize, took over her body. I've been dealing with this since last September. But the past several months have finally been filled with good healing. The anger is definitely releasing and the hurt is fading, like an old memory. Various chats, healing work, journaling, anything I can get my hands on (oracle work and the Fool's Journey) has been amazingly therapeutic. Definitely drum. Let out the anger and then let your heart beat slowly and in rhythm and let the earth spirit come in, ground you, rising red, and the spirit world come down and fill you with white healing light, and meet in the middle at the heart chakra and let it go pink! Tell Kwan Yin your sorrows. She is the Goddess of Compassion and hears your tears. I also read to do some water work...shower and let the water wash away your anger, your tears, your shock, frustration, disappointment, and send it back down to Mother Earth, who will heal and cleanse you. Right now I am working with some very supportive fairies!

BodhiSeed
11-07-2009, 12:17
(((:heart:HC:heart:)))

Moonbow
11-07-2009, 21:29
I'm new to Seraphinite after I was given a necklace of it in April, and I've worn it to bed a few times to see what feelings I get from it. I've found that its very good with emotional pain and lightens feelings so that nothing seems as bad as it once did. It has the effect of helping to release old (sometimes repetitive) pain.

I know you can't go out and buy all these stone recommendations, but I found that Rose Quartz is more for 'attracting love' than healing pain. Seraphinite has lovely olive-y green feather like patterns so its good for giving strength to a painful heart (in my experience):

http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/38/77/a8df_2.JPG

BodhiSeed
11-07-2009, 21:45
Moonbow, I actually just bought a tumbled seraphinite a month ago because I was attracted to the feathery inclusions in the dark green; now I'm thinking there was a deeper reason for me to have bought it! Thank you!:heart:

Moonbow
11-07-2009, 21:51
Excellent! Its worth trying. I find that I am not very sensitive to crystals but I definitely felt a difference with this one. I hope it brings you peace.

Hermina
18-07-2009, 16:52
Hi! I'm so sorry. As I was reading the posts, I was going to recommend Rose Quartz also. Really helped me in the past, but I noticed for me it's best for self-love.

What I think you need is something geared outwardly. My friend brought me back glass evil eye pendant from Turkey, and I swear it works! Really protects me when I am around unpleasant people with questionable intentions.

I would recommend the evil eye. I know it's not a crystal. But it is a powerful symbol. Maybe when worth with another pendant, could be even better.

Thanks for listening to my experience!
~H

BodhiSeed
19-07-2009, 07:57
Thanks for the idea Hermina:heart:. I don't have a glass eye, but I do have a third eye agate:
http://www.pelhamgrayson.com/Third-Eye-AgateShiva-Eye-Agate-India---3-16057.html
This might help in the same way I think!

Glass Owl
24-07-2009, 03:45
You may like cypress oil or incense. Cypress is an evergreen and it is useful not only for purifying and sanctifying, but for healing, comfort and protection, particularly for grief or sadness.

BodhiSeed
24-07-2009, 11:28
Thank you Glass Owl:heart:. I do think I have a cedar/cypress smudge stick.

Clear Autumn
26-10-2009, 08:50
Sorry for bumping it up. I just want to share my experience with you a crystal I've found. It has amazing emotional healing ability, at least it's solved my problem.

It was a year ago when I broke up with my partner. I decided our relationship should come to an end so I called it over. I still felt deep pain in my heart when the thought struck me at times. One time the emotional pain was so fierce that in my agony I just randomly grab anything within my grasp, and what I caught, by pure coincidence, was the rhodochrosite stone I had been given a few weeks ago. In five seconds the pain was gone. I felt calmed. It helped me several times later when I was troubled by my thoughts again. And every time when I was in such need, I would hold it in my hand and soon I was composed again.

Rhodochrosite, it helps heal emotional wounds. For me it is just so true.

Wish it could help you as it has helped me.

druidicseer
28-10-2009, 04:07
this is not a crystal although i must agree rose qaurtz is best for detoxifying painful emotions although i shall give you warning you may want to use a grounding stone because if you are sensitive to energies like myself it will be so strong it may be unbearable so use a grounding stone such as lodestone or amythest is popular. anyway back to the "non-stone thingy" hawthorn berries my dear! not only are they a fantastic heart tonic but magically they are known to nourish the heart chakra. not to mention they are tasty.