Can't Get Out of This Funk

emmsma

I know it happens to us all, at times. We drift off...Life gets busy...We don't find the time/space/energy to read....

But I WANT to read! IT is increasingly frustrating to me. I can't even make time in the mornings for a daily card. I don't know how I lost those 15 minutes each day, but I want them back.

Work is hectic. I'm feeling frazzled. I could really use the peace it brings.

And instead of reading, some nights I just sit here at the computer, reloading the page - waiting for a new post - but I don't post myself - I don't reply.

Just feeling mighty funky and want it to stop.

Mi-Shell

((((emmsma))))
I am sending you a gentle hug - - before this thread gets moved...... :(
Blessings and encouragement!
Mi-Shell

karen0205

I know, I don't get to my cards as much as I would like.
I think there's a general funk all over the country right now.
A lot of sad things happening, people out of work,
people without homes, Michael Jackson and all the other
celebrities that have just died. It's very disheartening.
Reminds us of our own mortality.

I hope you find something that cheers you up
and motivates you. It might help to do something
just for yourself. Get back on track with doing
something for yourself every day. Even if it's just
reading cards for 15 minutes.

photokat

I have ONE word: (actually 2)

THE
PROCESS

; )

Brigid

Oh! ((((emmsma))))
Sounds like you need at least a day off.. It's bloody tiring being mum, worker, wife, daughter, friend etc etc. I'll break into singing "I'm a Bitch" any minute LOL so I'll stop now.

BodhiSeed

(((Emmsma:heart:))), I do understand. Sometimes it just feels like you're moving through pea soup, huh? Perhaps you could put a deck by the computer, and do a one card draw as you wait for the page to load/refresh.

emmsma

Well I did make the time this morning. Made me happy. (Despite my young one getting up at 430am. 2 hours early!)

Made it easier on myself today by reading with whatever deck my hand touched when I stuck it in my Samsonite case.

Will try this out for awhile.

Thanks All, for your encouragement.

minrice

((hug))) I'm sorry you are in a funk emmsma! I think it's only natural, you go through phases, Tarot ups and downs. It comes and goes. It will get better, I think especially at a time in life when you really need the lessons it brings. Not that you don't now ;) but hopefully you know what I mean. Don't be too hard on yourself!

lilaclona

*hugs* sorry to hear that, because everyone here knows what it's like to be in a reading funk and it sucks. I'm not much of a morning reader either, so I usually read late at night but sometimes I'm too tired and I just want to go to sleep. For me it's definitely a matter of discipline, and time and energy management... What sort of temporarily got me out of it today was drawing a positive card, the eight of wands. Anyway, I hope you'll get out of it soon and you feel encouraged by all the comments here.

emmsma

With the new job and schedule it is difficult for sure, but I am liking the guidance and insights I get.

Had a drawing here in the forum that was spot on and I had a very accurate morning draw today.

I'm more of a morning reader, by day's end I am fried. Most days when I try, I lie there with the deck on my belly.

Some days I just shuffle. Some days they don't make it out of the box.

Really bad days I stare at the decks, unable to choose.