ATA, Free Readings

Ruthann

I have a really quick question; has anyone performed free readings through the ATA (FTN/FRN)?

If so what has your experience(s) been?

If not, why not?

I'm seriously considering applying to do this, I've been thinking about it for six weeks and would like everyone's input.

TIA.

Apollonia

I did this for maybe a year and a half while getting my mind around the idea of reading professionally. It was a fabulous experience for me--I learned so much about each individual card, what my own take on each card was, how to phrase a reading, etc.

The way it was organized made it very simple, in that I was able to set the number of readings I wanted to do on a given day, plus you can give away a reading if something comes up and you are unable to do it, or pick up an extra reading that another reader couldn't do.

The mentor I was initially assigned to barely communicated, and was really no use at all, but the second mentor I received was a professional reader who was very encouraging and helpful to me. Also, I received feedback from about a third of the readings, which was of great benefit to me, as well.

I think I did around 600+ readings for the ATA, and it afforded me a step I personally needed between having learned the cards and being able to read comfortably for strangers. It also gave me a really good idea of what types of questions to expect. The experience gave me the confidence to proceed to the next step of reading professionally at a local shop.

Startarot

Ditto

I think its a wonderful way to practice reading. I did this for about 6 months. You will not loose anything to try!! Do it.. it's very rewrding.

Ruthann

Thank you! I've been reading for friends and family and want to branch out to friends I haven't met yet and I would like the added experience before I go totally "professional".

Your experience seems to have been a really positive one. Thank you again.

Namaste

Ruthann

I am going to do this! The ONLY thing I'm trying to figure out now is an alias. LOL

I think you're right; nothing to lose and experience to gain and the best part is helping others. :)