Advice needed please on purple crystals

pouter

Today I purchased a dark purple amethyst with two peaks at the top. The seller said it was good quality to have a piece that dark. I was really worried it was fake. Yet I went ahead and bought it. The colour made me do it!
I took it home, but I don't feel anything from it. I thought I would because. I can't stop buying crystals which are purple or violet. It has to be in that spectrum.
I don't understand what it means and I can't find anything concrete as to why I need to do this at this point in my life.
I then purchased a Judy Hall book New Crystals And Healing Stones. The problem is the book doesn't have anything about the reasons of chosing a certain colour. I hoped it would.
So my question is what are purple crystals used for? why am so keen to select anything within the violet to purple range.

Thank you

HearthCricket

pouter said:
Today I purchased a dark purple amethyst with two peaks at the top. The seller said it was good quality to have a piece that dark. I was really worried it was fake. Yet I went ahead and bought it. The colour made me do it!
I took it home, but I don't feel anything from it. I thought I would because. I can't stop buying crystals which are purple or violet. It has to be in that spectrum.
I don't understand what it means and I can't find anything concrete as to why I need to do this at this point in my life.
I then purchased a Judy Hall book New Crystals And Healing Stones. The problem is the book doesn't have anything about the reasons of chosing a certain colour. I hoped it would.
So my question is what are purple crystals used for? why am so keen to select anything within the violet to purple range.

Thank you

Oh, I always go through these stages and it is very natural, so don't worry. Usually a colour or set of colours speak to you when you need to work on that particular chakra (I highly advise you picking up the Chakra Bible, too!). You can also find tons of info on the web. Purple is related to the sixth and seventh Chakras. Below might help with some basic information. Don't fight it. You will eventually turn to other colours, but right now purple is what you need! I recently went through a green, brown and gold stage...working with grounding and my ovaries, my stomach. A lot of physical healing. Now I am moving up with pinks, blues and purples, so I seem to be working with each chakra as I go along. And it is kind of neat, as I just had them cleared and realligned less than a month ago, so they are obviously ready for some good work!

"Sixth Chakra - Third Eye

The sixth chakra is referred to as the Third Eye. It is located above the physical eyes on the center of the forehead. This is the center for psychic ability, higher intuition, the energies of spirit and light. It also assists in the purification of negative tendencies and in the elimination of selfish attitudes. Through the power of the sixth chakra, you can receive guidance, channel, and tune into your Higher Self. When this chakra is not balanced you may feel non-assertive, afraid of success, or go the opposite way and be egotistical. Physical symptoms may include headaches, blurred vision, blindness, and eyestrain. When this chakra is balanced and open you are your own master with no fear of death, are not attached to material things, may experience telepathy, astral travel, and past lives. Sixth chakra body parts include the eyes, face, brain, lymphatic and endocrine system. The main colors are purple and dark blue. The gemstones are Amethyst, Sodalite, and Lapis Lazuli.

Seventh Chakra - Crown

The seventh chakra is referred to as the Crown. It is located just behind the top of the skull. It is the center of spirituality, enlightenment, dynamic thought and energy. It allows for the inward flow of wisdom, and brings the gift of cosmic consciousness. This is also the center of connectedness with the Goddess (God), the place where life animates the physical body. The silver cord that connects the aura bodies extends from the crown. The soul comes into the body through the crown at birth and leaves from the crown at death. When this chakra is unbalanced there may be a constant sense of frustration, no spark of joy, and destructive feelings. Illnesses may include migraine headaches and depression. Balanced energy in this chakra may include the ability to open up to the Divine and total access to the unconscious and subconscious. The main colors for the crown are white and purple. The gemstones are Clear Quartz Crystal, Oregon Opal, and Amethyst."

pouter

I will look into the Chakra Bible.I have had migraines and blurry visionan recently.I think I will look around and book in for a chakra session. This sounds like a good idea.
That is a lot for me to look into Hearthcricket thank you.

cardlady22

It's interesting that we just passed the summer solstice (yellow) and purple is associated with Sagittarius. A book I'm looking at right now, The Seven Secrets of Crystal Talsimans, has a color wheel in the appendices that places violet (Intuition) & amethyst (Creativity) at the top: before and after the winter solstice point.

The color ray table mentions these uses & meanings:

answers to mysteries
destiny
good luck
insight
magic
soothing nightmares

clear sight
discernment
good decision-making
perception
seeing the future

pouter

Thank you for shareing cardlady.The solstice I am feeling has been a turning point and I love buying crystals on sunny days. The crystal emobodies everything I want to improve. I want to incorporate it in with chakra work. I need to focus on how to get the most out of the crystals.
I hope with it, it will bring reflection and insight into my many questions.