Could someone help me ID these two crystals please?

SPIRIT HAWK

Yes Second One Is Jet Sorry I Dont Know What The First One Is Though !!!!

Apollonia

Might the first one be agate? I have some samples of agate that are banded and colored like that.

perilune

Actually having looked around online a bit, I think the first one isn't jet but hematite. And Apollonia, I think you're right, it does look like agate.

SPIRIT HAWK

Ho Sorry I Thought Hemitite Was More Silvery To Look At , I Have A Peice Just Like That And Its Jet, Hmm Strange I Will Look At It Again To Check Xrx

perilune

Yes, you're right. The picture wasn't great, so it didn't show it that well, but the stone actually has a silvery sheen to it and it feels quite heavy in my palm (for its size), which is why I thought it was hematite :)

BodhiSeed

perilune said:
Yes, you're right. The picture wasn't great, so it didn't show it that well, but the stone actually has a silvery sheen to it and it feels quite heavy in my palm (for its size), which is why I thought it was hematite :)
Jet is light as a feather and black; hematite is a mirror-like silver and very heavy. My vote for the second one is hematite.:)
The first one is definitely agate, possible Botswana agate, which comes in lovely shades of grey, brown or pink.
http://www.silverrush2000.com/Sets/Sable_Brown_Botswana_Agate_Sterling-2159.html

perilune

Hi bodhran :)
It does look like agate! Thanks, now I know what stones I actually have.

Cactus Dahlia

I think, too, that the first one could be agate. I'm wondering if the second one might be black obsidian. :)

perilune

Hm, obsidian eh? I'll have a look at the properties of it and compare the specs with my stone.