Uranus in Pisces - Rule of the Electric Fish

Minderwiz

On 10th March at 20:54 GMT, Uranus will enter Pisces, Actually this is something of a dipping of its toe in the Water (literally), because it will turn Retrograde and in August it will return to Aquarius. Its back in Pisces again at the very end of the year and there it will remain, (other than for a short break in 2010) till March 2011.

The current issue of the Astrological Journal (of the Astrological Association of Great Britain) has some really interesting articles on this event. Amongst speculation as to what this will mean are the not so serious suggestions of Electric Fish, Government by Whales, Fishy Groups and The first pictures of God,

The last time this event occurred was back on April 1, 1919 – when the eighteenth Amendment to the US Constitution introduced Prohibition – in the twenties this combination of Uranus and Pisces made alcohol famous and magical and also gave a great boost to the film industry (both fantasy and technology) through the gangster movie.

So, lets have some suggestions (both serious and non serious) about what it might bring this time

lunalafey

Government by Whales....now I'd like that. Whales are the record keepers. Mother Earth's history has been handed down through the ages in the songs they sing. People with whale medicine (clairaudients) can understand these frequencies and summon the ancient knowlege. Now who would be better suited for governing the planet. They would know what not to do and what works when it comes to history repeating itself. Perhaps with the spiritual vibe this combination brings, maybe the whales will work through those who can hear them...on the not so serious side...

AquarianGoddess

I wrote a little about this happening before, but here I am again.....

Uranus in Pisces...Uranus rules Aquarius and Pisces is ruled by Neptune. Neptune is currently in Aquarius so we'll have a mutual reception going on (each sign is in the ruler of the other).

If I had to pick ONE major happening during Uranus' journey through Pisces, I'll pick drugs. We will see some drug companies going bye-bye because old ways of doing business, just won't cut it any longer. Think of Uranus' transit though Aquarius, the Internet changed the way we live, work, shop, inter-relate, etc. Over the next seven or so years, drugs will be major news....innovations, safer and more powerful drugs will be quotidian.

It could be a terrific time to buy drug stocks.....aaaahhhh, but which drug stocks? Well, if I knew that, I'd be on my way to be rich.!! It would entail getting the accurate natal data of all the drug companies...a lot of work and it would help to have a medical background to assess the upcoming medications. And let's remember, just like the Internet stocks....what goes up, must come down!

Also, I believe the way doctors' and drug companies do business will change drastically. Some doctors are "bought" by drug companies to write for their drugs only; there may be laws passed to stop this kind of monopoly.

One more thing worth mentioning here, is for the next two years or so, Chiron will still be in Capricorn, addressing medical issues, money and how it's spent on healthcare and the like. We here in the US and especially on the East Coast are seeing lots of doctors leaving the area (due to the cost of malpractice insurance) and also some leaving medicine entirely. There is a crises going on.

Uranus in Pisces along with Chiron in Cap, should bring some new and better solutions to the entire healthcare industry from which we can all benefit.

AG

Tor

I think that Uranus in Pisces could bring on some new and revolutionary insights about the deeper meaning of life, and that Uranus' originality could present new religions based more on spirituality, freedom and love than the ones that rules the earth now. It will shake up the belief system in people and force through a more collective and global way of thinking. Technology, and especially the internet, would be in great use here.....as the power is moved to the masses and freedom gets a boost.

Combined with Neptune i Aquarius, we will have a more loving way of using science. And humanisme might get more connected to the hidden things in life......people will get closer to a divine source, and use their belief in a positive way.

Maybe this Iraq-conflict we now witness, will be the start of a new era...... When we understand that peace is only possible by a global humanisme and equally sharing the good stuff. That religion is not worth a thing as long as it makes conflicts.

Maybe it's the beginning of the age of aguarius...?

Just some thoughts :)

oceanpoetry

I believe Uranus in Pisces will increase receptivity of people to intuition and psychic awareness. It will heighten spiritual awareness and interest in metaphysics. Also believe there will be more of a synthesis between science and religion - like new discoveries in quantum physics.

AquarianGoddess

I neglected to mention...ALTERNATIVE medicine and HOLOSTIC healing will become much more "standard". It's a multi-billion dollar business already and has no place else to go but up!

purplefishy

I have heard from others that this will do strange things for Pisces people (like me). What effects do you think it could have? Should I be worried?

Minderwiz

It will only affect you in two basic ways:

Firstly through any mundane effect on society as a whole - i.e. not you specifically as a person,

Secondly, if transiting Uranus (the actual planet) aspects any of the planetary positions or points in your own natal chart - in which case it will stimulate aspects of your existing potential.

It will not make you do anything funny or even fishy that you have not already got the potential to do. So unless you are a 'funny' person to start with, this will not make you one!

purplefishy

So the fact that my Uranus is in my first house in my natal chart and at the time of my birth it was stationary retrograde, and scorpio is in my first (ascendent) probably won't matter... ?

Minderwiz

It will matter in terms of your basic personality - the chart reading and of course it will come 'awake' each time a transiting planet aspects it but in terms of tranisting Uranus it will only matter when you get a Uranus to Uranus aspect and these occur relatively rarely.

Transiting Uranus can and will aspect other planets in your natal chart and this is where you are more likely to experience the effect of Uranus in Pisces.