A kind of survey

Emylicious

I was reading a review on this wonderful site, and at the bottom of the review it said the reviewer's life was ruled by their cats, like many tarot readers.

I personally have two cats! (and a bearded dragon).

It got me thinking - is it indeed a common 'trait' - to have cats? (Or maybe 'unusual' animals!)

So, what are your pets!

(I hope this is in the right place)

obeygravity

I, also, have a cat, which I adopted around the time that I got into reading, haha. I don't really feel like I'm ruled by him except for when he's feeling really needy. Then it's pretty much impossible to say no to him. ... Maybe except for when he starts licking, that's usually when I start to bug out a little hahaha

Angie9

4 dogs, 6 cats, 55 gallon aquarium :D

Astraea Aurora

One cat. He's the third I have (after the other two died with reasonable age). What I find remarkable is that other member's cats are said to go wild as soon as a deck hits the table (or the floor, bed, whatever). Mine doesn't. He is under no circumstances bothered by my decks. He downright ignores them. His two predecessors were the same. Seems I like to attract the only cats that are NOT into tarot.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

ruski_svet

One more for cats!
I have two adopted kitties, aside from the one my sister & I brought back home because she couldn't handle the new place.

There's a beta on my desk and some goldfish in the dining room.

minrice

No cats, but only because my husband claims ;) he is allergic.
I do have 2 hairless rats though, and I guess those are kind of unusual! They are really cute, all soft and wrinkly!
And of course two daegs (dogs).

Nevada

I've always been a cat person, though I adore dogs too

Right now I have 2 cats. Our female we adopted as a kitten, and she's indoor-only. Our male adopted us when he was about 9 months old, and he prefers to be mostly an outdoor cat.

Our big, sweet dog died a year ago, so right now we don't have a dog in our home. Maybe someday we'll get another, but we're not set up for a dog right now.

cardlady22

No pets ~ My allergies have never allowed us to have anything in the house. Growing up we had a beautiful German Shepherd who had 3 litters of pups, so every kid in the neighborhood had a couple to play with until Find A Home day!

Does whistling and chirping at birds & squirrels as they pass by count? I had a squirrel pal at college: "trained" it to come sit right beside me and eat bits of my chocolate bars.

minrice

cardlady22 said:
Does whistling and chirping at birds & squirrels as they pass by count? I had a squirrel pal at college: "trained" it to come sit right beside me and eat bits of my chocolate bars.

Oh man, squirrels! My Grandpa used to feed the wild squirrels peanuts all the time until he stopped doing it and they were so mad they literally ripped the screen door off.

olivia1

I have a chihuahua named Verona. She is always by my side and when I have a particularly hard question, I ask Verona to place her paw on the deck and lend me some of her wise energy. It works beautifully. I am absolutely convinced she has greater psychic ability than I do.

My closest friend on AT has a beloved toy poodle. It's funny, this friend of mine can read me like no one else. Some of the best readings I've ever done were for her. I wonder if our strong connection has to do with the fact that we are both devoted dog lovers.