Seriously, this makes sense to you?

Alissa

I've been thinking lately about some of the strange images I get from the cards while working on a reading, and I thought I'd open a thread for anyone else to chime in with their moments of, "Are you kidding, you actually understand this?"

Example? Last night, I was reading for a business client and had the descriptive of "red luggage" given to me while looking at the King of Cups (Univ Waite) in order to try to narrow down who this personage was being referred to. She almost fell off her chair when I asked if X had red luggage, and confirmed he did.

Another? Also from last night, since it's freshest in my foggy memory, we were reading on a business location in Oregon. 2 of swords, and zoning in, I get told, "Islands, off the coast. There on the Pacific side."

Me: You mean the Hawaiian islands, guys?

Them: No, not that far away, not down south. Right there.

Me: I don't think there's any such thing as islands off the coast of Orgeon, guys, but ok I'll say it anyhow.

And my sitter confirmed yes, the woman in question had a home on the BlahBlah islands (I've already forgotten the name of them) right off the Oregon coast.

"There are really islands off the Oregon coast?" I asked, more dumbfounded than she this time. She laughed and nodded vigorously.

Two days ago, I was reading and I was given the descriptives of "Italy" and "alchemy". And despite feeling I was totally reaching, I gave both descriptives to my sitter, who said, "Damn, I actually know 2 people in Italy who are active in alchemical circles that you might be referring to."

And I thought, sheesh... I get something as obscure as Italy and alchemy, and that still doesn't nail down who it is. What are the odds of that?

Also during that reading, the 4 of cups (Univ Waite) and I get "baby face". When I give this descriptive to my sitter, I say, "He either has a baby face, or he's acting like a baby, I'm not sure which direction the image is referring me to." And I'm told, "It's because it's both. He's 40 but looks like he's 20. And he is acting like a baby, in fact those were my exact words recently."

Ready for one more? This one sticks to me lately, it was a business reading I did last month. Page of Swords (Univ Waite) and the first descriptive I get is "long red hair," which I was fine with, and then I flashed "hermaphrodite."

Me, internally to my Guides: Are you guys serious, you want me to ask her if she knows a hermaphrodite? She's gonna laugh at me fellas!

Them: Say it anyways. Give it away, don't question us.

Result... she almost fell off her chair, a hand to her mouth as she stared, kinda spooked, at me. "Yes, actually, that's true and not many people would know that about her."

And yet again I had that "Are you serious? That actually made SENSE?" sensation.

So tell me some of your stories!

What are some of your bizarrest associations that ended up ringing true, despite the nagging concerns you had in the moment?

Calliope

Wow. I haven't had any of those kinds of experiences yet as I am usually too scared to read for people other than my family, but...WOW.

I can't wait for people to start posting in this because these are the types of experiences I love to read about! Usually they're experiences I would list under the title of, "Freaky sh*t." LOL

olivia1

The weirdest for me (that comes to mind) was when I saw the page of cups between ace of pents and empress. I asked the woman if she was considering becoming a surrogate and she said "no, but I was thinking of selling my eggs."
Nothing as crazy as sensing hermaphrodite friends, though- haha!

ETA: wow, I read your whole post and it ALMOST made me wish I had guides... I mean how cool is that to hear voices during readings?? How does one get guides, anyway? Do they just appear one day or does everyone have guides but you only notice them after many years of practice/ reading?

Alissa

olivia1 said:
The weirdest for me (that comes to mind) was when I saw the page of cups between ace of pents and empress. I asked the woman if she was considering becoming a surrogate and she said "no, but I was thinking of selling my eggs."
Nothing as crazy as sensing hermaphrodite friends, though- haha!

ETA: wow, I read your whole post and it ALMOST made me wish I had guides... I mean how cool is that to hear voices during readings?? How does one get guides, anyway? Do they just appear one day or does everyone have guides but you only notice them after many years of practice/ reading?
That's a great example, I love it. Those moments of "I have no idea why but here's what I'm getting..." when you're reading along.

I think everyone has Guides. I think the term guides is just a descriptive for me to describe what I can't really describe. I've told others that in my belief system, they have guides too. Always have.

"Then they must be on permanent vacation, cuz I never heard anything from them!"

To which I say what my guides once explained to me on the dialogue between person and guide/s. I'll preface by saying I worked in libraries for over a dozen years. "Guides are like reference books. You have to initiate the dialogue, you have to go to the book and open it to get the answer. The book doesn't just start talking to you from across the room. You have to go get the information."

This is a grand way of coming back to one of my guides' primal messages for earth realm (besides "compassion"): intention.

Set your intention to begin a dialogue with your guides. Find moments when your brain is quiet, be this formal meditation or just zoning out in the shower, and pose your questions inwardly. Once you realize you're not "making it up" you've hit pay dirt and the dialogue becomes much more fluid. You have to listen, and then follow through with what you get. Quit doubting.

And ya gotta give it away. If you get it, and don't give it a voice (Umbrae speaks on this eloquently in The Process) then your guides quit talking because you're ignoring them.

That's another thing my guides taught me about the dialogue with them... if you repeatedly ignore them, they quit talking. Like any conversation, at first they may grow more insistent and repetitive with their messages when you ignore them - especially for the intuitive types. Then over time they give up and stay quiet if you habitually ignore them (and don't give the impressions a voice).

And so then it's back to square one, go to your reference sources (aka guides) and pose the questions directly. Set your intention and start again.

(This is the path, after all.)

Alissa

Calliope said:
Wow. I haven't had any of those kinds of experiences yet as I am usually too scared to read for people other than my family, but...WOW.

I can't wait for people to start posting in this because these are the types of experiences I love to read about! Usually they're experiences I would list under the title of, "Freaky sh*t." LOL
Have I mentioned lately that I live for "freaky sh*t"? })

Then there was the reading that the kleenex spontaneously jumped off the desk.

And then there was the reading when an actual live rabbit showed up in my kitchen mid-reading and I began to wonder if I was hallucinating, but no... it was a real live critter from the mountain.

But those would probably belong to another thread if I had the time and inclination to actually start another thread.

Sinduction

Never a hermaphrodite but, wow!

I love when I'm all What? and then my sitter is all Yes!

I still don't know how I do it but I do it. I love the bunny. Am I hallucinating? Do you see that too? I've had those moments as well. :D

nisaba

olivia1 said:
ETA: wow, I read your whole post and it ALMOST made me wish I had guides... I mean how cool is that to hear voices during readings??
I think we all do, whether we're aware of it or not.

Myh Tarot guide is a bit of an enigma: an elderly woman, she sits behind me and NEVER TELLS ME ANYTHING! In fact, she'll laugh at me if I stumble over words, encourage me, tell me to think again, but she won't actually do any of the work. I have to do it all by my lonesome, under her supervision. More of a coach than a reading-tool, really, she certainly makes me learn.

FatesLady

I recently did a reading where I said "This makes no sense to me, but the best I can guess is that the cards are saying X, and I have no idea how it relates to your question." The sitter emailed me back (it was an online reading) and said that when she read what I wrote she almost started crying because it was exactly what she had needed to hear.

Elven

Fantastic insights Alissa - great readings!

I was reading for a client not that long ago and I was just talking as usual and looking at the Sun card and I looked up and for a split moment at the client (a man) and he had a big colourful mexican hat on with those little fluffy balls around the outside rim - and then it vanished. I stopped speaking for a moment - must have been the double take look I gave him :laugh: and was 'told' to mention this to him: I said - you're going overseas, its north of the equator (though I didnt say where exactly - I didnt know) its somewhere hot and where you will be wearing a funny shaped hat ... proceed with the rest of the reading as usual.

I was recently told by my client he had been surprised unexpectedly and given a plane ticket to Asia and yes, it was hot and he had been given a 'special' traditional hat to wear around - which he did as it was given to him by his host. He thought that was really funny (in the nicest possible way ;)) ..

... but apparently it didnt have little fluffy ball thingies hanging off the rim of it LOL!! (thank goodness! :eek: ;))

Cheers
Elven x

nisaba

Alissa said:
Have I mentioned lately that I live for "freaky sh*t"? })
It's not actually all that freaky ...