Fizzing, tingling feeling

Milfoil

Ok, so I admit, I love looking at and touching crystals but I don't really know much about them. I have to look up what they are and what sort of properties they may have.

Recently I found two pieces of very heavy, metalic, goldy-silver crystals which I looked up and seem to be pyrite. I left them on my altar for a week to welcome them and let them settle in.

Last night I just had this urge to go sit with a piece of clear quartz in my left hand and a piece of pyrite in my right. I lay there in bed and just chilled not trying to meditate or journey. Not expecting anything, just chilling.

As I say, I have no idea why I felt I wanted to do this.

Then after a few minutes I could literally feel the pyrite tingling and prickly in the palm of my right hand and the quartz felt strange but I can't find a word to discribe it (think along the lines of liquid electricity?!?!?)

I had to check myself and sort of re-set my senses to see if I was making it up but no, there it was, the very distinct sensations.

So then I put the quartz on my forehead and the pyrite on the throat where they reversed. The quarts felt more fizzy and the pyrite was smooth like mercury.

Any thoughts??? I don't know enough about either to fully understand what I was feeling or what they were doing together with me.

:)

BodhiSeed

I've had similar experiences with certain stones, like tourmalined quartz and chrysanthemum stone. I don't know a whole lot about chakras, but I do know you have some minor ones in your hands, and some major ones on your forehead and throat. Quartz works on all the chakras, and is also used to boost the energy of other stones. Perhaps something like this was happening? I do remember thinking, "This must be my imagination" when it first happened to me though!

Milfoil

Yes, the chakra thing occured to me to. I started wondering (after re-reading my post) if the qualities of the two stones may well have worked together in a physical way somehow???

Its so cool when you can feel something physical.

Edit: just reading about pyrite, it is sometimes found inside quartz!!!

Good for blood disorders and calming anxiety (I have hypertension)

Hmmmm . . .

Brigid

Pyrite is a wonderful protector.
But whats really interesting is it is often used for throat and lung problems. and you intuitively placed it on your throat chakra.. :)
Maybe you where warding off a cold/flu or infection?

Milfoil

Brigid said:
Pyrite is a wonderful protector.
But whats really interesting is it is often used for throat and lung problems. and you intuitively placed it on your throat chakra.. :)
Maybe you where warding off a cold/flu or infection?

Ooooh, now that is very interesting. Thing is, I thought I was coming down with a cold last Sunday/Monday, everyone around here seems to have it and I started with sniffles too but it never occurred to me that thats what I was doing! Certainly I didn't develop a cold.

Thanks for that Brigid. :)

BodhiSeed

Milfoil said:
Ooooh, now that is very interesting. Thing is, I thought I was coming down with a cold last Sunday/Monday, everyone around here seems to have it and I started with sniffles too but it never occurred to me that thats what I was doing! Certainly I didn't develop a cold.
Isn't intuition a wonderful gift!:D Glad you didn't get the cold!