PDA

View Full Version : Font Size

olivia1
26-07-2009, 07:11
Hi All,
I think it's just me, but it seems the font for the site has gotten a lot smaller...and no my eyes are not going bad and I don't think it's an age issue ;). Will someone please tell me how I can adjust the font size?

Thanks

Moonbow
26-07-2009, 07:16
On a Mac its Safari Preferences, not sure about a PC, but could be somewhere in Tools, Options?

gregory
26-07-2009, 07:42
In Firefox you can just hit ctrl and + ! (OMG I just did.....) Or view and then look at all the lovely zoom options !

ETA in iE (ugh, just opened it to see) it is view > text size (amazing or what ????)

olivia1
26-07-2009, 09:25
yeah, i tried tools to fix the font on the browser and it works for every site but AT, it seems. oh well. Thanks anyway :)

mingbop
26-07-2009, 09:27
Olivia, I'm the opposite - my font on AT has got much bigger !

gregory
26-07-2009, 09:29
yeah, i tried tools to fix the font on the browser and it works for every site but AT, it seems. oh well. Thanks anyway :)
Hev a look at your preferences then, what you have set the default size to be....

olivia1
26-07-2009, 09:34
I have Firefox- latest version. I went on Tools-->Options--->Content
then under Content there is an option to chose dont and size. Is that what you did, Gregory, or is there a way to change font size specifically for AT?

thanks!

gregory
26-07-2009, 09:46
Sadly that is what I meant. :(

Do you do the ctrl and + thing ? Try it with ONLY one page of AT open; then close the page and when you open it again it SHOULD be OK - if you go back to a page with it small it sometime isn't....

ETA then again I have NOT upgraded to 3.5 cos there is a thread here about that that scared me ;)

olivia1
26-07-2009, 10:40
Sadly that is what I meant. :(

Do you do the ctrl and + thing ? Try it with ONLY one page of AT open; then close the page and when you open it again it SHOULD be OK - if you go back to a page with it small it sometime isn't....

ETA then again I have NOT upgraded to 3.5 cos there is a thread here about that that scared me ;)

It worked!!! How did you know to do that-- I'm in IT and I didn't even know this(and I dont think this is something I should be admitting!). Thanks, you are AMAZING!!!!!!!!

gregory
26-07-2009, 20:51
It worked!!! How did you know to do that-- I'm in IT and I didn't even know this(and I dont think this is something I should be admitting!). Thanks, you are AMAZING!!!!!!!!
Why not admit it. We all make discoveries in our fields..... I am retired and plan to find out how to be VERY OLD ! Something about living longer, they tell me ;)

How do you think I knew ???? From the day I blew up a picture (OK now I admit I forgot about my firefox "zoom up the pic" add-on....!) and the text went bigger with it and next time I came on line I was getting text with about 4 words to a line here..... You work VERY hard to get out of THAT, I'm telling you !

Basically - trial and error; I always try; I find computers are very forgiving. And as they are also big on remembering, it seemed logical that the poor thing was trying to remember what I did last and do it again, to make me happy..... Like it retains your Word settings in terms of visible toolbars etc !

Glad to have helped.

Debra
26-07-2009, 21:18
the text went bigger with it and next time I came on line I was getting text with about 4 words to a line here..... You work VERY hard to get out of THAT, I'm telling you !

LOL that happened to me and it took me four days to figure it out...those were dark days indeed.

gregory
26-07-2009, 21:52
LOL that happened to me and it took me four days to figure it out...those were dark days indeed.
Yes indeedy. Seems to take about 6 weeks to trawl down a long thread ! :(