PDA

View Full Version : Can you close accounts?

Lina1
27-07-2009, 02:13
Hi all,

I was wondering whether it's possible to close your account on here, and whether in doing so all your posts are erased or else your username is blanked out?

I have had problem with someone badgering me on another website, and so am erasing as many traces of "Buraqina" as I can before starting anew to try and prevent it happening again.

Thanks for your help,
Laura

Sulis
27-07-2009, 02:27
Hi Laura,

You can close your account here by writing to Solandia, our forum administrator. She can close your account for you.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/contact.shtml

Once your account is closed though your posts will remain. The forum would be in a dreadful state if everyone who decided to leave took every post they'd ever written with them.
I think that closing your account would remove your username from the members list but that's all.

Edited to add:
Another way to get around your problem would be to ask Solandia if you can change your username - that way all your old posts would have your new username and your old username would be gone forever.
I think there may be a small charge for changing your username but it's not much.

Grizabella
27-07-2009, 05:50
I changed my username to one I liked better and that changed it throughout the forums. Occasionally there might be a quote someone has done using my old name and that stays, but it's very hard to find on purpose and wouldn't be a problem for you, I wouldn't think. If you also change your signature, if you were using one, then I should think you'd be alright. Good luck.