Tarot Support Center can you help me?

SherryZoned

Hi. My name is Sherry. I am a tarot reader. I am a parent. I am female. I am human. I need support.

This is assuming people find it ok to read on these issues. While I am joking at the same time I am serious. I am very blunt. Sometimes i do not know how to buffer my words. So maybe we can start helping people find the right way to say things.

I just did this reading about someones health. OMG i was so wrong. What should I do? Now they do not want to be around me!

I just did this reading for someone about there health? I see they are GOING TO DIE.. LOL seriously I see they are having so and so problems. I do not know how to word this can i get some help? Yes i already stated they need to see a doctor but they just won't do it. What do I do?

This could go on and on. I could be wrong but I am wondering if something like this would be helpful to people? Some of us just are not naturally tactful. Or know how to soften words. My bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired.

What do you think?

(i do not do health readings or financial or legal. I just want to know what to say if I did. I mean if i see something bad..What the heck do i say to word it right?)

olivia1

I think you did the best you can. You told them they seriously should see a doctor, they wont do it...what else can you do?

Raindance

Greetings, fellow Texan. *smile* Well, the "health" issue is one that pops up. It happens. And while I don't do anything professionally, I do tend to use different, softer language when I read.

Are there polite, more diplomatic ways of saying things? Yup-a-roo. I'd save the blunt speech for when someone gives me static. But, on the whole, you will probably want sentences that start with:

1. It appears to me that...
2. This could go one of two ways (and free will is a part of everything here)
3. The cards seem to suggest...
4. I know your question is about "topic A" but "topic B" is being discussed here. (Point to card) That's the priority, so to speak...
5. Are you open to the topic of...?

These work for me. And, should a health topic come up, I always say "You might want to check with a doctor/health practitioner/herbalist...just for the peace of mind it will bring."

Good luck!

SherryZoned

Ohhh great responses. Very helpful.

OOPS i this thread was kind of a response to the whole gurney thread and the ethics issue and people wording things right. So my point was to really get responses and to show some of us are very ignorant word wise.

Dont take me wrong those responses I will use if I ever get around to reading for health.. Just more stuff to put in the good old tarot journal.

Olivia--Exactly I think sometimes we just can not do more.
Raindance--I liked how you worded things it was very nice and making the sitter have to deal with what the reading is about instead of you just taking responsibility for the reading.

.traveller.

Sometimes we do health readings whether we plan to or not.

Querent: There is something big coming up for me next week, could you read on it and tell me how it will go?
Reader: Sure, let's see what we can see...

turns out the "big something" is major surgery

or
The Querent asks for a general reading, it's a one card reading... I see a malignant tumor in her reproductive organs :( I describe what I see without mentioning cancer or tumor because I could be wrong. Two years later she's dead from the same cancer. She was seeing a doctor, but... could I have made a difference? I don't know, but I live with the guilt.

I think instead of all the Thou Shalt Nots being shouted from the pulpit, we would be better served with how to discuss the potentiality of these things with the querent.
Just my piece.

Hope you get some worthwhile responses.

SherryZoned

Ohh while i have this thread going.

I really dislike relationship readings. I have learned for myself unless it is how to improve the relationship as in my marriage (no abuse etc to worry about) I just do not want to know.

Sometimes I read for people and its like ummm... I guess you go back to what Raindancer? or can you veer it to well as I see it now it is here (insert bad part) But I can pull a card to see if what you can do? But then what if thats bad?

This is why I do not like reading for people. I get such anxiety over it sometimes I flake on readings..Not paid ones, or ones in exchange but me trying to get the guts to do the readings just to get more experience.

SherryZoned

.traveller. said:
Sometimes we do health readings whether we plan to or not.

I think instead of all the Thou Shalt Nots being shouted from the pulpit, we would be better served with how to discuss the potentiality of these things with the querent.
Just my piece.

Hope you get some worthwhile responses.

Thanks Traveler that is exactly what I am after not only for myself but for others. See you summed that up nicely while I just ramble and my point becomes all skewed. Some of us just are not so eloquent so help us out!

franniee

Raindance said:
I'd save the blunt speech for when someone gives me static.

That is what happens with me.... when they give me static for whatever reason I do get more blunt. :laugh: funny but true.

It depends on how they ask you the question Sherry - it depends on the tone and the energy behind it. I know that sounds nebulous but it is the way I do it. I need to feel them and I need to feel what I am supposed to say or not.

Someone once said that we are never given the knowledge unless we are supposed to use/tell it..... I don't believe that. I think we are given whatever knowledge to give us more of a whole picture so that we can figure out what to do with it....how much to tell and how to help the person.

This whole issue was hard in the beginning.... feeling things out, knowing what to say and how to say it. All I can say is the more you read - the more people you read - strangers etc - the better you will get.

SherryZoned

Thanks Frannie. Sadly for my whole 11 years experience reading for real people freak me out. I have never really done a face to face reading. Internet readings are not so bad.

.traveller.

SherryZoned said:
Thanks Traveler that is exactly what I am after not only for myself but for others. See you summed that up nicely while I just ramble and my point becomes all skewed. Some of us just are not so eloquent so help us out!

I don't know what to tell you. I often feel I am fumbling around in the dark and yet people have the unfortunate tendency of taking me very seriously. The burden of responsibility is tremendous.

On the subject of F2F readings, it's alot like riding a roller coaster. You might want to hurl (before or after, but please not during) but once it's over you're ready to go again. There's a fine line between the feeling of fear and the feeling of anticipation and excitement.