PDA

View Full Version : Finding Archived Threads?

Hedera
29-07-2009, 22:29
It seems a lot of the older threads have disappeared into the archives, and don't show up when I do a search anymore.

Mostly about decks that came out a few years ago; the Sakki-Sakki, Baroque Bohemian Cat's (first edition), Nigel Jackson (since renamed to Medieval Enchantement), etc.

Is there any way of finding and reading those archived threads still?
I know you can't add to them anymore, but if I remember correctly, reading them should still be possible - I just can't figure out how to get to them!

Emily
29-07-2009, 22:32
Have you checked on the 'Library' button on the toolbar above? I think these might be the archives.

Hedera
29-07-2009, 22:37
D'oh!
*slaps forehead*

Thank you Emily!
Never noticed that was there...

Although, when I search the library for 'sakki-sakki', it turns up about four pages of threads where the deck is mentioned, but no threads specifically about it (when it first came out, I'm sure there were threads about the creation of it, people that got it in the mail, etc).

I can go through the 'tarot decks' list month by month and year by year, but so far that hasn't turned up any of the threads I was looking for.

Emily
29-07-2009, 23:02
Hi Hedera, I was trying to search out old posts and the library was the only thing I found too - I also didn't find what I was looking for.

So if these aren't the archives maybe some kind person who knows where they are will post :)

gregory
29-07-2009, 23:21
If you use the google facility in advanced search here, it turns up library threads as well - that might help you to find them.

Hedera
29-07-2009, 23:39
Thank you Gregory!

Yes, I think that turned up some of the posts in the threads I was looking for - but it gives the results as 'view single post', which makes reading a whole thread rather difficult.

Does anyone know how to go from one of those 'view single post' results to the whole thread that post came from?
(or is that getting off topic?)

gregory
30-07-2009, 05:41
Thank you Gregory!

Yes, I think that turned up some of the posts in the threads I was looking for - but it gives the results as 'view single post', which makes reading a whole thread rather difficult.

Does anyone know how to go from one of those 'view single post' results to the whole thread that post came from?
(or is that getting off topic?)
If it is an open thread, hitting reply should do it..... I don't know what happens next, though....

Hang on - evil obsessive has bright idea.....

Yup. At the top of that page (top right on my browser) is a link to the actual thread.

Thanks; I like to learn something new every day !

Hedera
30-07-2009, 05:52
Thanks; I like to learn something new every day !

Thank YOU! :)

Ha, yes, now I'm starting to find the threads I remembered.

So, to sum up (because I did it wrong again when I tried it out just now): do not go to 'library', but use 'google search' in the advanced search screen.
Then, if you've found a single post from the thread you were looking for, you can get the whole thread by clicking on the link in the top right-hand corner.

Whohooo, great!

gregory
30-07-2009, 06:01
And now I know that second thing too !!!! (I never could figure out how to search the library ! if someone else DOES.....?)

Solandia
30-07-2009, 16:42
Older threads that haven't had a new post in several years go into the Forum Library...

http://www.tarotforum.net/library/

You can search through the archived threads through the search box on the Library front page, or use the Google quick search box here at the forum to search both the active and archived threads.

http://www.tarotforum.net/search.php?

Hope that helps!