An anecdote I want to share

Grizabella

Yesterday the kids went swimming with my oldest grand-daughter (salon manager, not the oldest one I'm raising who is actually second oldest of total grandkids) my son-in-law, a grandson and a couple of oldest g.d.'s friends. They were gone all day and into the evening. They were swimming up where there's no cell phone reception so I couldn't call to see why they were gone so long. It got dark and late and still they were gone, but we had another 108 degree day yesterday and they had taken food along, so I thought maybe they had just decided to stay on. In pitch darkness it did seem pretty odd. I put out a few cards to see what they said, just idly.

Some of you may remember my neice and all my sister's grandkids being in a horrible car accident a few years ago that paralyzed my 7 year-old grand-nephew, totally and permanently disabled my neice, and badly hurt the other kids.

I don't remember any cards except two out of the spread I did yesterday because I just scooped them up real fast and put them away, telling myself how foolish I'd been to ask the cards and telling myself they were nonsense anyway. The two cards were the Tower and the Chariot. Car accident!

At about 10pm K. called me and said, "Grandma, we're at the hospital...." and I fumbled the phone right onto the floor. Once I got it back off the floor she told me that everyone was OK but my oldest grand-daughter had broken her ankle climbing on slippery wet rocks. I wondered why the Chariot would come up since to me that says driving a car, but then it occurred to me---she was the driver of the car the girls were in! I wish I could remember all the cards but seeing the Chariot and Tower bothered me too much to even go on reading them.

Marcia959

Oh, Griz!! The Chariot is something on wheels (not always hell on wheels, but feels like it for you right now, huh?). So, not just a car, but a wheelchair, a gurney, the rolling beds in the emergency room. The Tower is a shock, a break in the foundation. These are Great Big Cards for a broken ankle, huh? (New) control brings the unexpected, perhaps?

Best wishes for a steady heart rate! I think you've got too much going on and so I send you hugs!!!

Grizabella

I don't know why there's always so much going on in my life, but it just continues that way. I guess maybe so I don't get complacent? LOL

The funny thing about it is that it's the same ankle she broke when she was three. I thought you couldn't break a bone in the same place. Maybe it wasn't the exact same place. I haven't heard yet.

She was just walking along on the sidewalk back when she was three and her foot caught the edge of the sidewalk and twisted her ankle and it was broken. At that time, she was anemic and the doctors thought she might have a hereditary condition to do with anemia, but I started giving her milk with a teaspoon of molasses in it every day and her red blood cell count went up. Anyway, she was so cute with that broken ankle and her tiny pink cast. She wanted to go out and play with her brother but she couldn't walk, so she made him take her little wooden potty chair, put it into their little red wagon, and then she'd prop her leg up on the side of the wagon, sit on the potty and off they'd go, with C. pulling the wagon. LOL

Marcia959

Why, Griz! That's it! The potty-chair-chariot with the broken ankle. It's, uh, perfect. Well, when you think of it as an echo from the universe and not as pain for her and worry for you.

Grizabella said:
I don't know why there's always so much going on in my life, but it just continues that way. I guess maybe so I don't get complacent? LOL

The funny thing about it is that it's the same ankle she broke when she was three. I thought you couldn't break a bone in the same place. Maybe it wasn't the exact same place. I haven't heard yet.

She was just walking along on the sidewalk back when she was three and her foot caught the edge of the sidewalk and twisted her ankle and it was broken. At that time, she was anemic and the doctors thought she might have a hereditary condition to do with anemia, but I started giving her milk with a teaspoon of molasses in it every day and her red blood cell count went up. Anyway, she was so cute with that broken ankle and her tiny pink cast. She wanted to go out and play with her brother but she couldn't walk, so she made him take her little wooden potty chair, put it into their little red wagon, and then she'd prop her leg up on the side of the wagon, sit on the potty and off they'd go, with C. pulling the wagon. LOL

Grizabella

My daughter just called and she said that, indeed it is broken in the same place. Tomorrow A. is going to get her cast put on. For right now she's just in a splint to allow for swelling.

Grizabella

You're so right now that I think of it that the potty chair would be her Chariot. LOL

nisaba

It also occurs to me that this accident, although a lot less horrible than the first one (I wasn't here then, I had no idea, and I'm terribly sorry), might bring back the same emotions you felt this time around, the fear and shock, so the same cards came out to warn you that you were going to be facing the same emotions.

Ambrosia

Wow Grizabella! It never fails to amaze me quite how literal the cards can be.
I am afraid to ask in situations like that. I don't want to hear the answer.

Hope everyone is ok now, and your GD's ankle heals quickly.

Calliope

Ambrosia said:
Wow Grizabella! It never fails to amaze me quite how literal the cards can be.
I am afraid to ask in situations like that. I don't want to hear the answer.

That's just what I was thinking. It's instances like these that make my Tarot seem to scream at me, "See?! Never doubt me!!!"

I'm so glad that it was just a broken ankle though, and nothing worse. When that Tower card pops up, it's like, "Oh great. What now?"

Grizabella

Well, today I didn't draw any cards, but C. had spent the night at my oldest daughter's. They were getting some family heirlooms from my ex-sister-in-law who was moving and downsizing. While they were there, they were helping to move a refrigerator. C. also tried to help but my son-in-law lost his hold briefly and it caught C.'s wrist between a corner they were going around as they took it down some stairs and the fridge, so I just got back from the hospital with C.! She didn't break her wrist but the doctor said she did hurt it pretty badly so she's in an ace wrap and has to keep the wrist elevated and on ice. Sigh. I'm going to eat my dinner and go to bed, I think.

My grand-daughter got her cast on today and my mother is out of ICU, so hopefully now the cards will have some better news for me tomorrow.