Crystal for physical stamina

Chatzi

Hi everyone
I'm going to be walking the Appalachian trail this March and want to bring a small stone or two with me. Something for travelers and to encourage stamina. Any ideas?

lark

For stamina~
Amythyst,
Carnelian,
Dalmation Jasper,
Onyx,
Fire Agate, actually any kind of agate is good.

Traveler's stones~
moonstone ~protective especially for night travel
Mookaite~wanders stone
Red tiger eye~ especially protective for long distance trips
Pietersite~ protective for traveling in bad wheather
Black Onyx ~night travel
Staurolite/Cross stone~ for long distance travel and to help you find the path back home.
Labradorite~ night travel
Amethyst-protective
Rose quartz~protective
Clear quartz~ protective
Carnelian ~confidence and courage.
Kunzite~ protects from road rage and is a calming influence especially in traffic.

Have a wonderful trip. :)

MCsea

I agree with Lark

with Agate, clear quartz and Mookaite the top 3

Red Calcite is great for energy and endurance so to is Red Jasper - its more grounding too
Tektite and Elestial Quartz also (good for heights)

But I bet you find a very special pebble/stone/crystal/rock on your travels that resoantes perfectly with your purpose.

have an awesome time

MARINA

Chatzi

Thanks much for the info, guys!

Milfoil

I know, its not a stone/crystal but pilgrims used to put yarrow in their shoes to help their stamina and strength.

Might be worth a try??

Yarrow
Achillea millefolium
Also known as: Bloodwort, Knight's milfoil, Military herb, Nose bleed, Old man's pepper, Sanguinary, Soldier's woundwort, Staunchweed
Description
Growing to height of up to 60cm, with thickly matted fern-like foliage and tiny white flowers in autumn. It has a agreeable, slightly bitter flavour.
Native to Britain and Europe, it was reputed to improve stamina and strength. It was used for medicinal purposes to staunch bleeding and as a first aid dressing. Before hops were used it was often used when brewing beer.
Uses
The younger leaves are more tender, it can be steamed and used as a vegetable, made into a soup or chopped and added to salads. When mixed with equal quantities of peppermint or camomile it can be made in to a refreshing tea.

Chatzi

Thanks, Milfoil, I think I'll try that out.

Briar Rose

The BEST of luck and very good weather on your travels. Just how far will you be going up? I see tons of hikers here because of the trail.

Y O U are a brave one.

Chatzi

well my friend and I plan on doing the whole thing, Georgia to Maine. I can't wait! I'm 27 years old and I'm kind of counting this as my last hurrah... when I get back I suppose I'm going to have to get serious about a career and whatnot.

celticnoodle

oh Chatzi , what a wonderful adventure! good luck! my mothers best friend has done this many times--the last time she was, I think, 75 years old! she is very fit and trim, and could handle that at 75! the first time she went she did the whole trail all alone--but subsequent trips were with friends. it always amazed me, and i enjoyed her stories of her encounters with wildlife and such. :laugh:

hope you have a wonderful experience, and if by chance you do take a camera, take pics when you can to share here with us when you return! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a successful trip start to finish! :thumbsup:

HearthCricket

What a wonderful adventure you have ahead of you! I would say Carnelian, Clear quartz and Staurolite would be excellent choices. Have an amazing time!!