Horary Astrology

Golden Moon

I don't know if this has been asked before, but can anyone explain to me what exactly does horary astrology mean? and how is it used? Thank you:)

Minderwiz

If you do a search for horary you will find quite a few threads

In essence it's a method of using Astrology to answer questions, either your own or those of other people.

The chart is cast for the time the Astrologer understands the question. The person asking the question is given the first house and the subject of the question is given the relevant house - for example if the question is about the prospect of marriage, then the seventh house signifies the matter of the question.

The chart is read by examining the strengths of Lord 1 (ruler of he first) and the ruler of the house of the quesitied (subject of the question) in the example above - Lord 7.

It's not always necessary that the two planets are connected by aspect or other relationship though if the question was "Will she marry me?" we would expect a favourable connection between the planets to answer 'Yes'

There are several good books on horary, the best three being by Lee Lehman, John Frawley and a good introductory text by Anthony Louis.

Again you will find the titles and reference in other threads.

Minderwiz

NOTE: Those in Australia should stop at this point, proceding will seriously harm your wellbeing.

England have just won the Ashes. after a 'pendulum' series. From the point of veiw of Astrological prediction, I wonder if anyone's seen a forecast for the matches and or the series done by an Astrologer.

I know Lee Lehman and Bernadette Brady have looked at Sports Astrology, using horaries to predict the outcome of sporting contests, especially where one side holds the trophy and will retain it if the result is a draw (As in the Ashes contest0.

John Frawley has also written a book on Sports Forecasting, so if anyone's interested we could look at that as an interesting area of prediction.

Grigori

Minderwiz said:
NOTE: Those in Australia should stop at this point, proceding will seriously harm your wellbeing.

hmm usually after we loose a match and some Brit taunts us, it is the Brit's well being that is at stake }) hehe (Yes, yes, we lost miserably, well done you lot :D)

Minderwiz said:
John Frawley has also written a book on Sports Forecasting, so if anyone's interested we could look at that as an interesting area of prediction.

I bought that book a little while back but have not yet read it. It would be interesting to look at. I rather love that his first book drives home the point of astrology being a tool for connection with God, and then he publishes a book on gambling with astrology :laugh: Priceless :thumbsup:

Minderwiz

Thanks for not mentioning 5-0 in 2006/7 and who knows what in 2010/11. It was a good series but not as good as 2005 when Australia were clearly the best in the world and England were definitely the up and coming side. This time round both teams were no where near as good.

However, moving back onto topic, Frawley is an arch Catholic and they have a much more relaxed attitude to gambling - though he does point out that his system only works if the Astrologer is impartial, i.e. has no pecuniaary interest in the outcome LOL

Grigori

Minderwiz said:
However, moving back onto topic, Frawley is an arch Catholic and they have a much more relaxed attitude to gambling - though he does point out that his system only works if the Astrologer is impartial, i.e. has no pecuniaary interest in the outcome LOL

Damn. Its pecuniary interests that got me to buy the book :laugh:

Minderwiz

Me too!!!