Your Weirdest Tarot Reading Experience

Satori

I was thinking back over some of my rather strange reading experiences and I thought, there have to be others out there like me, with strange stories about their wacky reading experiences.

I invite you to share them here in all their bizarre hilarity. I have so many weird stories that it is sort of hard to choose, but sit back and get nice and comfy while I regale you with the story of the time.....

When I set a cat on fire.

It was in the middle of a reading that was getting pretty emotional. I remember we were talking about a parent, and the woman really didn't want to be in the seat. She was the sister of the hostess and she was there I think more because her sister forced her to be.

I was in the kitchen. A small kitchen. My predictions and dramatic informations were delivered to the woman punctuated by the splashing of the giant turtles in a tank on the floor behind me. Above me and to the right Elvis held watch immortalized forever as a cookie jar or clock....memory escapes me now.

Suddenly the cat of the house leapt up onto the table. It was a long-haired cat, and it stepped over the small votive burning brightly on the table. Whhoooosh-the cat's fur instantly lit up and the flaming feline jumped to the floor extinguishing herself in a puff of grey smoke and ran away.

I looked at the woman across from me and I said, "Perhaps we ought to alert the hostess to the fact that her cat was on fire." My sitter said, "She's my sister. Thank you and good-bye."

The cat was found, the singed fur examined, and I called for my next sitter.

Please, share with me the bizarre, the disgusting, the extraordinary as we fritter away a hot summer evening trading stories, sipping Kool-Aid and reveling in the fact that we who read have some of the best stories on the planet.

DragonFae

That is soooooooo funny!!!
I am rolling laughing.

nisaba

Tarot:-

Six or seven years ago I was in my "window seat" (at that place, I was a part of the display), and I was between clients, reading a book. A guy kept walking past the window. Okay, maybe only once or twice, but for some reason I looked out every time. Then he came in and sat down opposite me. I asked him to choose the deck that most appealed to him; he said he hadn't come in for a reading, but he'd been called in to talk to me. Yes, those were his words: "I've been called in to talk to you."

So okay, I was prepared to listen.

He said, and I more-or-less quote: "Themselves think you're doing great work here, and want me to tell you this because they know you don't realise how beneficial you've been. You're feeling unappreciated, and that's not true at all, you're doing a really great job."

I asked just who "Themselves" were, and he smiled and energeticvally backed away, but said "I can tell you who your Tarot guide is if you like, she's sitting right behind you and smiling at me." So I got him to describe her. An elderly, short, slightly dumpy woman, her grey hair pulled back in a bun, a "silly hat on her head. As soon as he said that, he apologised to her and said she'd started spluttering at him at that - it was her Quaker's Hat, not a silly hat. He said I could call her Granny, even though we weren't related by blood - she was as much family to me as anyone else.

At that point the person behind the couner came up and told me I had a reading. He smiled and walked out. After a few seconds (not even ten seconds) I got up and walked to the door and looked for him in both directions down the street. I could see for a long, long way. I didn't see him anywhere. Thin air springs to mind.

I sat down with my client. They chose the Granny Jones deck. The HPS card, a portrait of the creator of the deck, was in the spread. As soon as I looked at the image, I *knew* who he had been describing ...

Occult generally:

I was doing a small ritual to give thanks and feed energy back to hte universe. At that stage I lived in a small, dingy house where the light in the living-room was a globe hanging off a swinging cable, with a wickerwork shade around it, which used to cast nice shadows. As I got warmed up, the light and shadows started swinging. Wildly. "Damn, I'm good!", I thought.

I was living in Gosford, NSW, at the time. A few minutes later, my then-sister-not-quite-in-law rang up to make sure I was all right - she lived in Newcastle, about 50kms to the north of us. They'd had enough of an earthquake to do damage to several houses in her street ...

photokat

nisaba said:
Tarot:-

I sat down with my client. They chose the Granny Jones deck. The HPS card, a portrait of the creator of the deck, was in the spread. As soon as I looked at the image, I *knew* who he had been describing ...

I can't quite tell if you are serious - meaning he was referring to a reading you were about to do?
Don't really get it ...

intuition897

Satori said:
I looked at the woman across from me and I said, "Perhaps we ought to alert the hostess to the fact that her cat was on fire."

LMAO! I'm just picturing that conversation...*wiping tears off my cheeks*

Grizabella

photokat said:
I can't quite tell if you are serious - meaning he was referring to a reading you were about to do?
Don't really get it ...

I think he was referring to "Granny Jones" of the Tarot deck by that name. That's what I thought, anyway. :)

photokat

Well I think he actually had a "visual" - with her spirit guide.

I've had one once with mine, but there are very few who actually get these all the time.

Had nothing to do with the deck in my opinion - otherwise he wouldn't have bothered sharing it. Gifted psychics don't waste time on predicting which deck will be used .... or color of socks. Or the lottery.

Just my 2 cents!

Satori

WEll I think that all of us have people who come to us who want to read us. It can almost be a sort of ego thing with some people, as if they want to prove that "hey, you aren't so great, I could do this too you know..." but they aren't out there doing it.

I do think that nisaba's story was about someone who was trying to really share something with her about her gift, and about her guides. I think perhaps they may not have even been totally corporeal, as she hints at, but who knows. The important thing is the message, and if she felt that she recvd via special delivery some important info.

One thing that also happens the longer you read, the bizarre gets to be less bizarre. So what might have been weird to you at one time, now sort of gets categorized under a more mundane label.

But it is summer, and I thought it might be fun to have a different kind of thread, and to mix it up a bit.

photokat

Satori said:
I do think that nisaba's story was about someone who was trying to really share something with her about her gift, and about her guides. I think perhaps they may not have even been totally corporeal, as she hints at, but who knows. The important thing is the message, and if she felt that she recvd via special delivery some important info.

I've never experienced "showoff-psychics" and I don't think he approached her because she happened to be a sitting at a table with a deck of cards.

I am sure Nisaba knows what it really meant - and that's what matters.

And besides, tarot readers aren't psychics because they read the cards, however reading does heighten intuition. And I don't think a gifted psychic would automatically be a good reader, either! Just psychic ; )

I personally love when these things happen - it does make me realize that we're all connected in one way or another. And it's only "weird" if you're not aware of it - that's all!

But I'd love to hear more stories, looks like an interesting thread. Sorry if my comment is sorta off topic!

More burning cats, please!

nisaba

My feeling is that he waasn't 100% physical - he sat right there, and nobody in the shop saw him or heard hte conversation. And the guide he described, he had a visual and I didn't, and he didn't know who it was. I recognised it as Rebecca Jones, known to many people as "Granny Jones", who created one of the decks I had on the table at the time.

And after that meeting (or whatever), I catch glimpses of her only out of hte corners of my eyes when I'm reading whether or not I'm using her deck, and I hear her chuckle in a most friendly fashion sometimes, and just occasionally (probably less often than three times a year) I can feel the feather-light touch of a hand on my left shoulder when I'm reading. My own interpretation is that she has become my Tarot guide. She doesn't actually tell me anything, but when I ask for her help I do better than when I don't, and she is a comforting and calming presence not only for me but for the clients, however upset they may have been beforehand.