When will things happen?

tigerlily

I found a very interesting article at astro.com, and although it's about astrological transits, it raises some fascinating philosophical questions about what constitutes an "event".

I try to predict with the cards (come on, who doesn't sometimes? Even the most spiritual people among us want to have a peak now and then }) ) and then I get frustrated whith my results (and unlike the hypothetical gullible newage freak that we're seen as, I remember my failures better than the successes).

But perhaps I was trying it from the wrong angle?
This kind of dislocation of inner and outer events upsets our notions of what we define as reality. An event, in the sense that it reflects a transit or progressed aspect, may not be quite what we think it is, because the time when concrete things happen to a person may not be a true reflection of when they happen inside. Our emotional recognition of and involvement with the occurrences of our lives are what make an event real. We remember what has impact on us, and the impact may not come at the time of the physical occurrence. The brief example I have given is not uncommon. The time that things happen is not always the same as the time that they physically occur. This is why material events may pass with an inexplicable lack of relevant transits and progressions, even if we expect something important to show up in the chart.

The rest of the article is here: http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_transits_e.htm

I'm not sure how I'm going to apply this, and perhaps this is old news to you anyway, but for me it was a lightbulb moment, so I thought I'd share and see what you all think about it. How are you making predictions (if you are) with the knowledge that what you tell the sitter is going to happen isn't necessarily going to happen outside at that time? Do you put a disclaimer before the prediction? Doesn't it make the prediction irrelevant?

If I sound unclear it's because I'm confused... but then it's been a long day...