My Deck Is Stiff...

Raindance

I have a new deck, The Manga Tarot. Unfortunately, it's too stiff and kind of rough on my fingers. Any advice on how to limber up a new deck? Please forgive me if this is a repeat question.

Abrac

I don't have that deck so I don't know about it specifically, but there are a lot of threads here about limbering up cards. I like good old fashioned shuffling. Sometimes it takes awhile though and my hands start to hurt, so I just do it a little at a time, usually while watching TV.

Raindance

Thanks so much! Yup, I'm doing the shuffling, too. But, my fingers are still tingling. Oh, well. It's for a good cause, right?

Lilija

This thread, and links just inspired me to fluff my Druidcraft. Then, a quarter of the way through the fluffing, I noticed that it's 2:12 am.

Damn you, AT. I can't leave DC half fluffed!

canid

Run each card individually over a table edge - both sides, top to bottom, side to side, corners. That should do the trick.

kabang

My method: give it to my boyfriend for a weekend to shuffle while he watches a Law and Order marathon. I left my Paulina with him while I went away, and returned to a beautifully flexible deck.

hunter

I badly creased one of my pocket Goddess cards and the cards are still awful. I give up shuffling on this deck.

cardlady22

For decks that I have trouble shuffling, I deal the cards out into various piles and choose a pattern (for picking up the piles) based on numbers related to my question's area of life. You can use solitaire spreads for cute arrangements. An 8 or 12 card circle. The 10-card tetraktys that looks like a pyramid. (4 on the base row)

With my smaller oracle decks where there just aren't enough to shuffle properly, I lay them in a grid and count off x number of positions until I fill my spread.

emmsma

canid said:
Run each card individually over a table edge - both sides, top to bottom, side to side, corners. That should do the trick.

I did this last night with my mini - Fournier. I wasn't sure if they were stiff or just too tiny for shuffling, but they do handle much better now.

Now I've got other decks to try this on!