Booklet for Le Jeu du Destin Antique (Fortune Telling Cards) No. 1944 by Piatnik

Kanon

I don't know if this deck has any booklet comes with it. I ever bought one Piatnik deck, the Art Deco Fortune Telling Cards and there was no booklet. But my Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards No. 1901 has a booklet comes with it.

Maybe some of their decks don't have any booklet?

rif

I just got this deck a couple days ago too. I haven't had time to sit down with it, but I believe it did have a LWB inside (as well as the little piece of cardboard that Piatnik decks seem to include). I'll double check tonight.

I'll also let you know if it includes English language instructions. :)

JONIKA

Kanon, thanks for your reply. This deck does come with the LWB. I have the little piece of cardboard, but the LWB is missing. :)

rif, you just bought the deck? Excellent! I would be very very grateful to you if you could , maybe, send me (somehow) the meanings of the cards. I would REALLY appreciate it...Is the LWB too thick??

rif

The English language portion is a bit thick, I'm afraid, at 50 pages. I know it's only a LWB, but still, that's a lot.

The book doesn't specifically describe these cards; there is no information about what the images on the cards mean, for example. Rather the book gives information about reading a 32-card deck, which could be applied to any deck of playing cards if reduced.

rif

Here is the description of the Ace of Diamonds, for reference. This would seem to follow an older style of reading the 32-card (playing card) deck.

Ace of Diamonds: correspondence, business or personal affairs; the questioner's profession.

Upright: denotes an improvement in a troublesome situation, brings light into the game.
Near a heart: fondness, love, friendship.
Near a club: money.
Near a spade: mourning, great sorrow.
Inverted: foretells an imminent danger, mistakes which must be avoided