Medications?

SkadisPhoenix

I'm slightly concerned now! I've come down with a mega cold, can't stop coughing, am having trouble breathing, the works (if I get ill, I go the whole hog apparantly. :p), so took some lemsip (wonderful stuff Lemsip! ;)).

However, that has had the unfortunate effect of making me a complete dunce about Tarot! I'm dreading the effect proper medication will have on me if I have to take any for my CFS! :O

It took me about a minute for it to sink in what card I was looking at. Kinda obvious, four swords, I wonder what that could be! *shakes head* I'll just have to try harder! :p

Do people here find that medication, whether prescription or over the counter, has the same effect on them?

Alta

The cold alone, with or without the meds, may be having that effect. I find it hard to read when stuffed up and feeling sick. Maybe tarot will have to wait, or be meditation only. Maybe a nice meditation on The Sun for healing. :)

xxx Alta

SkadisPhoenix

See, I tried to do some meditation to some wonderful chakra tracks that a friend e-mailed me, and I almost passed out! :p

So meditation is also out the window until I'm better. These colds, with me tend to go straight for the chest. Damn germs! :p

I had a specific question as well, so I'll wait until somebody comes on MSN and ask them to do it instead! :)

ilweran

I'd agree it could well to be mainly the cold causing the problem.

Do they give medication for CFS these days? I had ME/CFS and wasn't given anything for it, just got prodded and poked a lot and had lots of blood tests done.

SkadisPhoenix

I didn't think they gave anything either, but somebody, either on here or on my other forum website asked me what I was on, because their friend or they had been put on something. It confused me a lot.

Wendywu

I take a lot of prescribed medicines for assorted conditions and can truthfully say that apart from keeping me well, they seem to have no other effects whatsoever. I am glad of this, as you can imagine.

The only time medication caused problems was during chemo when at the end of each three week cycle, I was shattered. Like you Skad, I couldn't concentrate at all and in the end I gave up trying to read my cards and just looked at the pretty pictures lol :)

SkadisPhoenix

Has the chemo helped in the end though, if you don't mind my asking. My mother has had treatment herself, as has my father (at the same time unfortunately!), and they said that their treatment made them feel like hell.

I know it's silly, but I don't think I'd be as fussed if it wasn't for my parents attitude to my illness, and distinct lack of capabilities. They keep telling me to go out and do things, and keep my mind active etc, and they've actually told me that I'm just being lazy. But I can't go out and do things, and to keep my mind active, I try and study the tarot as much as possible.

Meh

ilweran

SkadisPhoenix said:
They keep telling me to go out and do things, and keep my mind active etc, and they've actually told me that I'm just being lazy. But I can't go out and do things, and to keep my mind active, I try and study the tarot as much as possible.

That's tough :( It's a hard illness for other people to understand though as there isn't anything 'solid' for them to grasp if you know what I mean - I'm assuming that there's not been any major breakthrough in how, why and what it is - so it's easy for people to be cruel when they think they're helping, or just to get to the end of their tether because they can't see why you can't do things.

The thing that really convinced my parents that I was ill was one day we went out to see my grandmother and stopped in town on the way to go shopping and I just went downhill. Went completely grey, could barely speak and just obviously was not well. I think that's when they really realised.

SkadisPhoenix

It's not even that, they accept it's a real condition. They are at the root of the chronic fatigue, even if they weren't the trigger for once. They abused me since I was first fostered by them, made me believe that I was the one to blame, and I pushed myself so far for them, and for every other blessed person in my life that now I can't do anything. :( And I'm dreading having to tell them.

They also believe that Tarot is a waste of my time, it's just a phase, and when they first found out about it, got BOTH my brothers (including the one who I never talk to unless I can help it), to call up and find out if I was practising in Black Magic or worshipping the Devil. :neutral: Wonderful...

hunter

Do small spreads.

Try some healing rituals or spells with the cards instead of reading with them. The spell instructions will tell you which cards to use. Learn to use colored candles and herbs and other props.

Study a bit about altars and including more ritual in your readings. Maybe search for little figurines. I have 2 right now. A little Willendorf goddess and a red jasper horse. When I'm having I really hard day, I ask the goddess to give me a card for the day (I use a regular tarot deck). I ask the animal spirits to send me 2 animals to guide me for the day, one for my left side and one for my right side (Animal-wise tarot).

Play solitaire with your deck.

Have you read Jean Auel's series that starts with clan of the cavebear. A lot of people find the series a great example of a comforting spirituality. It's an easy read but still includes some deep stuff about nature, herbs, spirituality, and people in general.