Tea Leaf Fortune Failure?

FatesLady

Am I just a total failure with this deck, or what? I have been reading Tarot for a decade, and I'm good at it. I only recently started reading oracles, but for the most part have had the same level of accuracy. Not with the Tea Leaf Fortune cards!

Every reading I do with this deck seems like a total random assortment, nothing logical about it. When I look back at the reading after a week, I STILL have no idea what the deck meant and some of the cards, which are totally unambiguous, just do not happen. (For example, one cards says "a gift of jewelry", but during that week, no one I know, including myself, received jewelry that I can find out about...).

I am at a total loss. I LOVE this deck; it is totally beautiful and I am so bummed that I can't seem to make it read for me. Any similar experiences? Advice?

AJ

new knowledge can be the most valuable gem (jewelry) of all.

That said, I loved this oracle for a number of reasons but I felt someone here needed it more than I so I let it go. She has really devoted some time to it and is doing awesome readings. She did a year spread for me that I love to refer back to each month.

Rev_Vesta

When looking at this deck I found the words to be very symbolic....

Jewellery...... gem, treasure.....gift... could be on a spiritual level...or an emotional level.....not a physical one....... so when reading with this deck... look at each card on a different level.......not first thoughts......

have fun..... try doing a nine card spread for the week...... and putting the cards together as a story..........

Vesta

thorhammer

Fateslady, I know EXACTLY what you're saying! I had the exact same thing happen to me with the Russian Gypsy Fortune-telling cards! I used them doggedly for months, with absolutely no success at all. There was no magic; no *zing* when I read them like there is with every other deck . . .

I passed them on. I hope the person who has them loves and uses them, although she's not here often any more.

\m/ Kat

Grizabella

In the book there's a segment that explains that, although the cards may seem contradictory, they're not really. With thought, you can figure out the meaning they're trying to impart, even when they seem to contradict each other. I'm trying to find that passage in the book, but just because I want to find it, I can't, so I'll try again later.

I've been reading through some of the threads about these cards and, although I thought the price on the ones I got was kind of high, I guess they were on sale after all. There was a bright orange sticker on them and it said $29.99. I see that some people here bought them when new for $40 or more. Of course, these days they're priced exorbitantly because they're out of print.

FatesLady

Sorry Griz, but the "even if they sound contradictory they aren't" thing sounds like a cop out. Also, when I spend the day home alone taking care of my son and I get "dealings with a woman, gift of jewelry, business opportunity" for "what was my day like today", I am left pretty darn confused. My Tarot cards and my other oracles never spout such randomness.

Grizabella

FatesLady said:
Sorry Griz, but the "even if they sound contradictory they aren't" thing sounds like a cop out. Also, when I spend the day home alone taking care of my son and I get "dealings with a woman, gift of jewelry, business opportunity" for "what was my day like today", I am left pretty darn confused. My Tarot cards and my other oracles never spout such randomness.

I may find the same thing to be true when I start using them. That passage is on page 17 and it says that, because our lives contain so many yin/yang, contradictory things, that's what the cards show us.

Anyway, I like them so far. They remind me of Lenormands, for some reason. They're charming cards and I'm hoping I can find ways to use them that will work for me.

Manda

My experience with Tea Leaf Fortune cards has been that they work better for me for longer term readings, maybe a couple weeks, than as daily draw cards. The only way I could get them to work as daily cards was to only draw one. However, they were super for predictive readings over a period of time, which I do not do often with tarot.

They are totally lovely and I found mine in a second hand bookstore, still sealed, for $8. I almost wept with joy because I wanted them so much, and could never find them for a price I could afford.

FatesLady

Manda, that sounds lovely! I was doing three card draws for "the week ahead", but looking back at the end of the week it was either too obvious to credit (for example, dealings with a man. Well, I'm married, so of course!) or totally unrelated to my life at all (for example, I might get 'a long journey' for a week where I barely even got out to the store).

I'm not saying they're bad cards, because they aren't at all, I just wish I could make them work for me. I've decided that I probably need to sell my set. Any interest? :p

MoonGypsy

i am sending you a PM, dear. :heart:

MG