PDA

View Full Version : New smokey sphere

thinbuddha
21-08-2009, 07:25
Well, I've gone and done it again. I've ordered another sphere....

This will be my largest at 4.75 inches.....

The attachement file names stand for "Big Smokey". It is pretty unlikely that Big Smokey will end up being the name for this sphere, if it ever does get named. That sounds like somebody's CB handle, and this ball certainly doesn't look like it might be driving a big rig.

Keavy McGee
21-08-2009, 08:07
Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the many colours in it.

May Big Smokey bring you Big Happiness!!

XOXOX

KEAVY:heart:

MCsea
21-08-2009, 08:34
Awesome

thank you for sharing the photos and your joy

how fortunate you are!

MARINA

MsRubyRain
21-08-2009, 09:53
Beautiful! I adore smokey quartz.

celticnoodle
21-08-2009, 11:30
very pretty! I love the colors in it! hope you enjoy it, Thin Buddha!

btw--I like the name you are using for him! :D

HearthCricket
21-08-2009, 11:35
How lovely! I love the rainbow inclusions in it and the various planes. Very nice for reading and just adoring. Like the Magi....

Maybe Caspar, Melchior, or Balthasar? :D

Wise and full of wonder!

thinbuddha
21-08-2009, 12:37
btw--I like the name you are using for him! :D

I did come up with a name in my sleep that I thought at the time might be perfect, but didn't write it down. It wasn't Big Smokey. Big Smokey is just such a gruff macho name, and this ball seems more subtle than that. I sort of like Balthasar, though I'm not convinced it will fit either.... Really, I have to wait and seee what it's like in person.

I have 3 spheres with names:

- A 4 inch clear quartz with lots of refracting features that almost look like mountains named "Whisper" (AKA "The Palantir" because it was gifted to me by a friend who I nick named "Saruman") Still my favorite shpere- it would take an exceptional sphere to replace this one.
- A smokey quartz with lots and lots of veils that's about 4.25 inches named "Lode"
- A 4.625 inch clear quartz with parallel plane inclusions and some faint phantoms named "Issa"

janstar17
24-08-2009, 06:25
It's a beautiful sphere -- with or without a name. :)

I like the bits of honey it appears to have in it. Reminds me of amber which always seems mysterious to me.

Enjoy!

HearthCricket
24-08-2009, 10:44
I did come up with a name in my sleep that I thought at the time might be perfect, but didn't write it down. It wasn't Big Smokey. Big Smokey is just such a gruff macho name, and this ball seems more subtle than that. I sort of like Balthasar, though I'm not convinced it will fit either.... Really, I have to wait and seee what it's like in person.

I have 3 spheres with names:

- A 4 inch clear quartz with lots of refracting features that almost look like mountains named "Whisper" (AKA "The Palantir" because it was gifted to me by a friend who I nick named "Saruman") Still my favorite shpere- it would take an exceptional sphere to replace this one.
- A smokey quartz with lots and lots of veils that's about 4.25 inches named "Lode"
- A 4.625 inch clear quartz with parallel plane inclusions and some faint phantoms named "Issa"

Gosh, I am so glad I am not the only one who does this! Miranda, Ophelia, and Cassandra will feel so much better knowing they are in good company! I actually can't imagine not naming them, though I do need to name a piece of black onyx that I use as a seeing stone....

thinbuddha
24-08-2009, 17:28
Gosh, I am so glad I am not the only one who does this! Miranda, Ophelia, and Cassandra will feel so much better knowing they are in good company!

It never started out intentionally. I never even considered it until you brought it up. Even then, I scoffed at the idea. Then Lode sort of just ended up with the name for some reason, and it was all over.

thinbuddha
09-09-2009, 04:44
I finally received the sphere today. Wow- It is really incredible. I was sort fo afraid that it would be too dark, but it isn't dark at all. It is barely smokey at all- just a light dusty rose coloring- you wouldn't even think it was smokey under low light. It is beautiful, but it would have ben nice if it was a little darker since I already have 2 other clear quartz balls.

There are lots of nice inclusions, not too many, not too few. Just about the same character as my 4 inch favorite ball. It looks like it will be a perfect scrying ball.

Morgane_49
09-09-2009, 07:46
I hope it's as beautiful as it appears to be in the pics!

I've been so hesitant to order anything like this online...I really need to touch them and see them in person. So I always get a little twitchy with the credit card and keyboard when someone else is this happy with a purchase!

thinbuddha
09-09-2009, 08:21
It is a bit of a gamble. This ball probably would have cost more than 2x what I paid for it if it were in a normal store, but it was still expensive... You never really know if it's going to be something you will like until you get to see it in person.

I actually have 2 other balls from the same seller. I trust the seller, but was dissapointed in both of the other balls, to some degree. Both were accurately described and photographed, but still managed to be "not quite for me", as beautiful as they are. Gladly this one delivers everything I like in a ball.

celticnoodle
09-09-2009, 12:37
oh how exciting, thinbuddha! do let us know how well it works for you. I would love to hear more on this new beauty of yours.

I've recentl purchased a new clear ball myself. I got it for quite a deal, stand and all! I have not used it yet though--as I've been too busy and so much going on, and I don't have a lot of luck with scrying, really. only now and again--and mostly with my tiny crystal balls. so, I am anxious to see how this one will work for me.

yaraluna
22-09-2009, 14:56
gorgeous gift to your higher Self!!!

Have you cleansed it yet?

*I see an old woman doing some weaving and a man with a bit of a beard, as well as a cat. ;)

great sphere indeed.

yara

thinbuddha
23-09-2009, 03:30
*I see an old woman doing some weaving...

Im confused- is this a Neruda quote or something you came up with? It's funny you should say this, because in person, the sphere has many delicate veils that have a whispy silken appearance within the pale rose coloring. This is a female sphere, if there is such a thing.

yaraluna
23-09-2009, 06:41
Im confused- is this a Neruda quote or something you came up with? It's funny you should say this, because in person, the sphere has many delicate veils that have a whispy silken appearance within the pale rose coloring. This is a female sphere, if there is such a thing.

not a quote from Neruda. it is what i see in your first picture of the sphere. She is very feminine indeed.
yara

minrice
26-09-2009, 10:22
Oh wow Thinbuddha! Your sphere is so gorgeous! I love all the lines and inclusions in it, it's just beautiful!!!