Working with the Dragonfae

oak_woman

My Oracle of the Dragonfae arrived yesterday and I love it :)

I'm wondering whether anyone has any experiences to share about working with this deck. I've heard the term 'my Dragonfae Guardian' bandied about and I wonder whether you would choose the Dragonfae that seems to call to you or whether you would draw a card from the deck?

Has anyone tried similar exercises to those given in the book that accompanies Froud's Faeries?

Or any other special rituals/spreads/exercises?

I'd appreciate any ideas you might have.

faunabay

Have you read through the other thread about the Dragonfae deck? We talk about how we've picked our dragonfae guardian/master. LOL hmmmm.......Well now that I think about it I don't think we truely explained it did we? :p

Jewel was the first one to do it and told me about it. We both just went through the deck picking cards that drew our attention. Then whittled it down to one card....which was our teacher. The interesting thing was we both ended up with the same one! :bugeyed:

Then as for other exercises or rituals.............just listen to them. That's all I do. They tell me what to do all the time!!! ROFL

Jewel's has her drawing other decks out to work with. Yep, that's right. The dragonfae tell her to pull out her Luman and animals decks and do different exercises. But that's just what they tell her to do. My best advice for you is to just beable to hear and listen to them. They will tell you what is best for you!!! Without a doubt!! })

Guiding Cauldron

ohh yes its a lovely deck and full of messages and learning at least for me anyway :) I picked my Gaurdian card, well it picked me by looking through those that got my attention good or bad really then i just had a moment where i felt compelled to lay the whittled down cards in rows face down and I just kept narrowing down until i was left with one left, was very pertinent to me and i didnt let me ohh and ahhs cloud my judgment in picking one lol

i've had life lessons and have had shadow workings with mine as well as being led to use many decks simutaneously for learning in detail. :) I've also been led to the magic of elves for my teachers presently, which is a bit tricky as I have to decipher their language first, to get their teachings and meanings!

Enjoy the journey xoxo

oak_woman

Thank you so much for your insights and advice faunabay and GC :heart: :heart:

I had read the other Dragonfae thread but hadn't worked out how you chose/were chosen by your Dragonfae guardian or teacher. And I'm still not quite sure of the difference between your 'master teacher' and 'primary teacher' as mentioned in the thread! Can anyone enlighten me, please?

I know I'm going to get so much from this oracle. And any further thoughts, insights or experiences will be very gratefully received :)

oaks xx

Dusk Till Dawn

I really like this Deck, the only problem I am having with it, it's so hard to shuffle. It's incredibly sticky. No matter how often I shuffle it, it just won't get easyer.

Guiding Cauldron

i would say your master teacher is like your "yoda" with the deck the same one whos always there, your primary teacher is the one that makes you confront what you dont want to! At least for me it worked that way lol I have a small dragon for my master teacher/gaurdian and another card that was for my shadow workings, Morigan. I've also been lead to read up on nature, love, inner healing, crystal healing properties and Goddesses.