How do you prevent accidentally reading on others?

olivia1

So, a few days ago I decided I wanted to play the lotto again. I know you cant realistically predict if youre going to win or not...but deep down, I still believe. Anyway, I asked my MRP Fairytale deck if I was going to win that night's drawing if I played? I got the answer:
8 swords (rupenzel) x Queen of Wands (Kip the Cat) x Empress (cinderella).

I was so excited. I was thinking to myself, "This looks great! The cards are saying, I may think I'm financially constrained now, but this is going to be a rags to riches story and I'll be able to have everything I want. That Queen of Wands is me. A woman who is social, center of attention, etc. " Problem was, the lotto game I wanted to play that night wasn't being drawn until the next night..so the reading was invalid. Or so I thought.

Later that I night, I read online that a young woman, a stage performer at Disneyland ended up winning the lotto. Her exact quote, "I may have played Snow White on stage but I feel like Cinderella!"

My boyfriend had a field day with that one (because I was so sure that I was going to win and I was going to be Cinderella but it ended up being someone else). So how do I prevent hearing news about others (especially people i dont even know) from popping up in my readings? Or do you think maybe in a way, the deck was trying to tell me that i would be hearing the story about the girl winning? If the later is the case, is there a way to differentiate between what is going to happen to you and what you will hear? When I did the reading, I specifically asked if I was going to win (not will I hear news of a stranger's win).

gregory

Maybe the deck was trying to tell you that you had the question wrong (you did get the day wrong....)

214red

you could simple just protect yourself from other energy and that would mean your not reading for anyone else

olivia1

214red said:
you could simple just protect yourself from other energy and that would mean your not reading for anyone else

you mean ever? Not even intentionally or during exchanges? There must be a less extreme way... It's natural if people you know pop up in your readings..but absolute strangers? Maybe this reading was just a case where the cards answered a question I didnt ask but felt I really needed to know. Maybe for now it seems like the info I got was trivial but maybe there's more to why I got that message than I now realize...

gregory

I think that's more like it. I can't believe one needs to shield oneself for every reading. I have never EVER done so. What would you be shielding FROM, pray ? Seriously ? I still think the cards answered your question in terms of who would win TONIGHT - it was the best they could do (that was the question you asked.) And it wasn't you; it was the wrong night !

What could you have shielded against not to pick this up ? Every vibe in the world ?? Then you'd not pick up anything, I think.

lark

You are in learning mode with that deck...what a wonderful learning experience and a way to connect an actual happening with card meanings...you 'll never forget it.
Feel blessed and happy don't try to block it out, soak up all the learning in anyway the universe wants to give it to you!

rif

Hi,

A couple of things caught my eye in your post, and I'd like to touch on them.

olivia1 said:
I know you cant realistically predict if youre going to win or not...but deep down, I still believe.
This is a pretty big conflict IMO. You know you can't predict, but you still believe. I admire your tenacity, but you might get better results by deciding what you believe and being upfront about it -- to yourself and to your cards. Either you believe you can read a certain way or you don't. It sounds like you might have a conflict here, unless you were cushioning your beliefs for the forum. :)

Anyway, I asked my MRP Fairytale deck if I was going to win that night's drawing if I played?
I'm not sure I agree with this question. I understand it, but it's somewhat variable -- the cards have to predict based on whether or not you play. Maybe something worded slightly differently would help: is today a good day for me to win the lottery? You'd have to experiment, which could get expensive in this case. :D

The last thing is that predicting lottery could be tougher than other predictions. There are a lot of theories about this I'm sure, but I think it's a tough one to get because so many people have their hopes, dreams, prayers and magical acts pinned to the lottery. It's something that so many people are trying to sway, whether intentionally or unconsciously. I don't think it's a matter of "can't predict," but a matter of having to be really good and able to disregard the thousands of people involved.

olivia1

rif said:
Hi,

A couple of things caught my eye in your post, and I'd like to touch on them.

This is a pretty big conflict IMO. You know you can't predict, but you still believe. I admire your tenacity, but you might get better results by deciding what you believe and being upfront about it -- to yourself and to your cards. Either you believe you can read a certain way or you don't. It sounds like you might have a conflict here, unless you were cushioning your beliefs for the forum. :)

Sorry, let me reword. From a rational standpoint, I feel its not something you can predict...but deep down its something I hope you can predict :) and you are right about cushioning my beliefs for the forum ;) I do that a lot and I also watch what I say to avoid conflicts :)

I've secretly been trying to predict if I'd win the lottery since January. Every time I ask if I'll win (if I buy tickets) i always get a "No." And then I am accused by the cards of wishful thinking - which is true because it IS wishful thinking. I was so excited this time because the cards finally gave me a yes!

olivia1

gregory said:
I think that's more like it. I can't believe one needs to shield oneself for every reading. I have never EVER done so. What would you be shielding FROM, pray ? Seriously ? I still think the cards answered your question in terms of who would win TONIGHT - it was the best they could do (that was the question you asked.) And it wasn't you; it was the wrong night !

Thanks :). You're right it wasnt my night and the cards did do the best they could under the circumstances. They even tried to be positive by saying someone will win rather than telling me flat out that I wont win.
gregory said:
What could you have shielded against not to pick this up ? Every vibe in the world ?? Then you'd not pick up anything, I think.

Agreed. I think that tarot is very useful because it connects us (in my opinion) to the universe. If you shield yourself from everything and everyone, tarot may not be as powerful. Besides, I dont know if the cards would be able to pick anything up if I was shielded from other people's energy, as well, because I spend my day interacting with others (and therefore probably subconsciously absorbing others' energy).

Umbrae

Well the deck you're working with is a complex one. If anybody else had of won the lotto, the line "I've played Snow White, but I feel like Cinderella" would have never been uttered.

That could be spooky stuff. Could be just an casual incident. Could be the your higher self putting omens in your way, kind of letting you know that there's serious stuff going on out here.

I don't think you were reading on another person. I believe you were reading with an ambiguous question, and got an ambiguous answer. Her quote is what sent the shivers up your spine.

It's serious stuff out here.