Loosing inspiration....

Frannie

It's been months since I don't hold a Tarot Deck in my hands, read a book or perfom a reading. It was abrupt and I can't understand what happened. Tarot is my passion, but somehow I lost my confidence as a reader. I want to read again, but every time I try to pick a mind refresher book I just can't seem to focus. I don't feel the need to read books though to read the cards, but I'm trying to re-gain the inspiration and somehow it's not coming back.

Any opinions on why this may happen? I really miss Tarot :(

AJ

You need to get back on the horse.

Go to the Reading Exchange area and offer to do 5 readings within one hour.

When you have 5 people signed up
Start your engines. step on the gas. read.

Frannie

Thank you AJ. That actually sounds like a good idea. I'll just read, period, going to offer readings right now :)

psyphy

Whatever the reason might be [...] I picked the World as outcome - honestly.
GO Frannie :D

Frannie

Thank you!! :D

olivia1

Frannie said:
I want to read again, but every time I try to pick a mind refresher book I just can't seem to focus. I don't feel the need to read books though to read the cards

maybe you should just read the cards then and skip the books. You dont need the definitions, just read intuitively. if your off, oh well- it happens :) dont over think it. Eventually, you will get the hang of it again :)

poivre

me too :(
my get up and go...got up and went :D

I did a reading today at work and just looked at the pictures and
told a story...it worked. I thought...why didn't I always do it this way???

I think sometimes we get information overload and just have to take
time to download it all!

Keep smiling it will come back when it's ready.
Reading the cards and studying,
sometimes it's a love-hate relationship with the deck.
:)

Maybe...
we get lost in the shuffle of the cards and have to find our way back?

Frannie

Thank you olivia, actually I don't use books for years now, I was mentioning them to maybe get a bit inspired but seeing the cards seems just fine.

I was thinking what event could have affected my sudden "uncomfortable fear" of reading, and coincidentaly it was when I was very indecisive whether to read the cards with reversals or not. This issue has always made me feel uncomfortable since I feel that when upright I need more clarification cards, when reversed it's more obvious to discriminate between negative and positive and then get into conclusions.

I guess I need to resolve that conflict to feel comfortable reading, I just don't know how to....

Frannie

Dasani that is very sweet :)

I'm planning on offering a reading soon (I'm feeling a little sick today so it will probably be tomorrow)

canid

Ahh, Frannie. I'm sorry. I've felt that way also & sometimes a break is called for, but then you (I) feel guilty about it for some unfathomable reason. Maybe do what Dasani suggested - just tell a tale with the cards, no reading. Or dig out a deck you don't normally use. Plus, you said you don't feel well - I have lupus & when I'm feeling under the weather, I've discovered if I don't want to read but force myself, it's not good. Then it's a vicious circle; I'm depressed not only because I'm sick but I can't read. I hope you feel better soon.