Medicine Cards by David Carson

Michaelmassage1

I recently had the opportunity to use a deck of Medicine Cards by David Carson. From the beginning I noticed a great energy to the deck and did a great reading with them. I purchased my own deck and have had similar results. I was wondering if others have felt the energy in this deck?

shadowdancer

If it is the deck co - produced with Jamie Sams it is an incredible deck.. and my most used oracle deck.

Beautiful, great energy as you say, and the book is a delightful read.

Davina

Michaelmassage1

thats the one

yes that's the deck I'm using, and the energy is awesome!

Chronata

It does have a super energy. I love this deck. I had the older version, but then found out there was a later printing with more animals. That one is still on my wishlist!

I use the Medicine Cards Just For Today...which is a small pocket version, with a little phrase on each card.
I like how these work on many different levels. The meanings in the book are great, but I use my own personal animal symbolism along with that, and it works even better!

Michaelmassage1

cards ability

yes the cards do allow you to go many directions with them, and I love the book. I do have the newer set and like the animals it added.

shadowdancer

Hi Chronata

if you are able, the revised/updated set is worthwhile. 52 cards, with another 9 blank ones for you to create your own cards to add to the deck.

Off the top of my head I added:
Orangutan
Leopard
Tiger
Gorilla
Penguin
Mole
Elephant

and a couple more which I need to get my deck out to remember :)

I too have that small pocket version, but don't use it often. Part of me hankers for it to be the 52 card version, but I know it is not easy to come by

Davina

Mi-Shell

This deck is my most requested reading deck. especialy First Nations people want me to use it to find out, what special message the "Grandfathers" are having for them. Then, when I read with them I often do not only get my fee, but also a Medicine Gift like Tobbacco, Sage, Sweetgrass or special feathers.....

.............................................................................................
I just noticed: this is my post no 2727! I wonder, what THAT means...... :)