Who am I reading for?

Schnee

Ok, so I love the "games" part of the forum and regurlarly contribute to the reading threads.
Thing is, some cards are waaayyy too recurrent, these days I can draw the same card repeatedly three or four times in a row (in three or four respective readings). Sometimes it happens if I read for a particular user, sometimes not.

So am I really reading for others or do the cards want me to realise something?

How can I focus on others?

Shadow wolf1214

Schnee said:
Ok, so I love the "games" part of the forum and regurlarly contribute to the reading threads.
Thing is, some cards are waaayyy too recurrent, these days I can draw the same card repeatedly three or four times in a row (in three or four respective readings). Sometimes it happens if I read for a particular user, sometimes not.

well can i ask what cards keep showing up? im just curious

Schnee

I have had a streak of Stars and seems like I'm starting on a Towers one..

nisaba

If it is intrusive, and you know you are reading for more than one other person, and it happens over time, then your deck is screaming at you.

(Or you're just not shuffling enough, but I don't think that'd be a problem for anyone here).

Pull out the guilty card, sit it on a table by itself, and do a mental inventory of your own life while looking at it. Works for me (often with lashings of Extra Embarrassment).

moderndayruth

Schnee said:

You are really reading for others. Simultaneosly, the same cards can have a special meaning for you too - but its those others that you pulled the cards for, right? In my experience, if reader's intent is to read for others - even if its in the 'games' section - the cards that will come out will inevitably be the sitter's cards, not reader's.
Recently, another member pulled twice the same card for me in the 'Good News Oracle' - we were both amazed because chances for that are minimal - but it turned out that the message was important for me and the reading turned out to be very accurate.
I do think it is a synchronicity though and if, for example, you are pulling the Star three or four times in a row - apart from the message for the 'sitter/another AT member, chances are it has something to tell to you too... and, right, you can ask the cards themselves what message they are trying to convey. ;)

balenciaga

This happens a lot when I read for others, and the sitter will comment "That's what you told me last time; the same message keeps repeating". And it does, over and over again. The simplest explanation, I feel, is that the sitter has not taken on the issue, is ignoring what they must do/take care of in order to "clear the deck", as it were. The issue will continue to repeat until the sitter tackles the problem.
Maybe you can apply this to your situation.

214red

the only real way to know is to ask the cards, or take out the star and the tower for a few readings, or try reordering the deck etc

or use a different deck to read for , just for a bit

ideely

Excellent advice, Nisba

nisaba said:
If it is intrusive, and you know you are reading for more than one other person, and it happens over time, then your deck is screaming at you.

(Or you're just not shuffling enough, but I don't think that'd be a problem for anyone here).

Pull out the guilty card, sit it on a table by itself, and do a mental inventory of your own life while looking at it. Works for me (often with lashings of Extra Embarrassment).

I agree that recurrent cards might be begging your immediate attention to an issue in your own life. I had a long run-in with a group of cards a few years ago that were very intrusive and made reading for others very frustrating.

The cards were predicting a series of life events that I had to live through before the cards stopped screaming. To quiet these prophetic cards especially before using them to read for someone else, I cleansed them placing the cards in their "out of the cellophane" order and putting them in their bag with some cleansing herbs and crystals. When I used the cards again to read for another, I let my querant do all the shuffling and cutting so that my unquiet energy would not be an influence.

Be well.

Jaqueline

I sort of had this happen Sunday night. I did a reading for a friend who is having some problems, but when I looked at the cards I questioned if this was for her or me??? I e-mailed the reading to her (she's in Oregon, I'm in PA) & told her that I wasn't sure about this reading, & did it make any sense to her - cause it made alot of sense to me. Yes, she said it was right on. So, her situation is different than mine, but these cards spoke to both of us in a very individual way. Interesting. . .

SunChariot

Schnee said:

It's my belief that the cards that come up always answer the question we ask and are about the person we ask the question about.

It IS also possible that in the workings of the universe we attract people to us who have similar issues to what we are going through so that we can learn from each other. You might learn somethign doing a reading for someone else that also applies to your own life. But that is only secondary.

Also the universe will send us those we can help with readings. So if you have already found the answer to a specific question and really helped someone with it, the universe may well send you more people with teh exact same problem so that you can help them in just the same way you helped the last one. Sometimes that means the same cards will come up again.

You focus on others by saying the question in your mind before you do the reading, I tend to repeat it in my mind as I shuffle. That being said if yuo were focused on it and your mind was not wandering the asnwer is about what you asked it to be about. If you ever catch your mind wandering much when shuffling and preparing to do a reading, to me that means you need to stop what you're doing and start over from the beginning.

Barbara