Elemental Pie

GoddessArtemis

A site made this elemental pie from my chart. Looking at it, is it not so odd that the four elements are nearly perfectly equally represented in my chart? Or is that normal?

GA

Attachments

• -diagramme.png-.png
    -diagramme.png-.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 121

Minderwiz

Interesting!

No it's not particularly usual - most charts have a leaning to (or away from) one or two elements.

It's not clear from the chart how many planets and points were used and whether any weighting was given. That may well affect how well you manifest all four elements. Some Astrologers will give extra weighting to Sun and Moon (and possibly Ascendant).

Most would see some challenge in giving equal weighting to the outer planets, which are 'generational' and will therefore be common placements for everyone born over a period of 5 - 10 years (putting it conservatively). Whereas the traditional 7 are far more variable within a chart.

So if you can find out how the pie chart was calculated it's possible to begin to answer your underlying question - are you perfectly balanced ?

GoddessArtemis

Minderwiz said:
So if you can find out how the pie chart was calculated it's possible to begin to answer your underlying question - are you perfectly balanced ?
Right? LOL. :laugh: I'll look at the site later tonight and see if I can figure out how they calculated it, but I know it's based on my entire natal chart and most likely all planets...but I doubt the site gives particular weight (or double of it) to major planets like the Sun/Moon. Based on knowing my own chart's elements, if I were to break the planet down, this is what it'd look like:

Sun/Ascendant - water/water
Moon/Mercury/Neptune/(Medium Coeli) - fire/fire/fire/(fire)
Venus/Mars/Jupiter - earth/earth/earth
Saturn/Uranus/(True Node) - air/air/air

And if you break those down into a chart, you'll see water comes up the least (though not by much), and fire comes up the most (the items in paranthesis are not planets but I'm not sure if that was included in the chart).

So I can see how they came up with the pie chart, but I'll check the site on my home computer tonight, as my password is saved on there and I can't remember what it is right now. :)

GA

GoddessArtemis

Found it!

Here's what the site says about the pie chart: "Here is the diagram of your elements, computed on the basis of the position of your planets and angles in the twelve signs". And that's all they say before showing the pie chart. That help? :)

GA

Minderwiz

Thanks,

My guess is that the site counts 10 planets plus MC and ASC and weights them equally. Try doingthe following:

From your list:

Take out Node and Uranus: = -2 Air
Take out MC and Neptune: = -2 Fire

You don't seem to have included Pluto (which is good - don't include it)

Now you have Sun and Ascendant in Water - a lot of modern systems will give the Sun and additional point - so count that as 3 Water.

Give Fire an additional point for the Moon.

That gives:

3 Water [Sun (2) ASC]
3 Fire [Moon (2) Mercury]
3 Earth [Venus Jupiter Mars]
1 Air {Saturn]

That gives you a rough and ready indication of the balance. To get more accuracy is possible, and there are various systems available to do that, but it's necessary to have the sign positions of the planets and ASC in order to do that

More traditional systems, which are more sophisticated, will take into account the phase position of the Moon and the Seasonal nature of the Sun, plus the Sun, Moon and Ascendant rullers. It's possible to fine tune further by including first house planets and aspects to them and to the Sun Moon and Ascendant rulers.

GoddessArtemis

Minderwiz said:
Thanks,

My guess is that the site counts 10 planets plus MC and ASC and weights them equally. Try doingthe following:

From your list:

Take out Node and Uranus: = -2 Air
Take out MC and Neptune: = -2 Fire

You don't seem to have included Pluto (which is good - don't include it)

Now you have Sun and Ascendant in Water - a lot of modern systems will give the Sun and additional point - so count that as 3 Water.

Give Fire an additional point for the Moon.

That gives:

3 Water [Sun (2) ASC]
3 Fire [Moon (2) Mercury]
3 Earth [Venus Jupiter Mars]
1 Air {Saturn]

That gives you a rough and ready indication of the balance. To get more accuracy is possible, and there are various systems available to do that, but it's necessary to have the sign positions of the planets and ASC in order to do that

More traditional systems, which are more sophisticated, will take into account the phase position of the Moon and the Seasonal nature of the Sun, plus the Sun, Moon and Ascendant rulers. It's possible to fine tune further by including first house planets and aspects to them and to the Sun Moon and Ascendant rulers.
Thank you, that makes sense. True, if you take Uranus and North Node out, I'll have less air.

The rulers of the planets you mentioned are as follows:

Sun - Neptune (Pisces)
Moon - Jupiter (Sagittarius)
Ascendant - Mars (used to be Pluto - Scorpio)

As for aspects, that indeed gets more sophisticated! Does the above change anything? (it's more water and fire, isn't it..lol)

Question: Why are the Sun and Moon given an extra point?

GA

Minderwiz

In reverse order:

The Sun and Moon are the two lights - they are both more important than any other of the planets, They are the King and Queen of Heaven. From the dawn of Astrology to the present day the lights are the principle powers. You will find that modern Astrologers also weight the Sun and Moon above the rest.

On the aspects, they would modify but not change the overall balance. In your case there's aspects from Moon and Mars to the Sun, which more or less cancelled out.

Oh, Jupiter rules Pisces, (Jupiter Pluvius) - sign rulership is not based on affinity. That doesn't stop Neptune being watery, so their is affinity.

Having a quick check on your chart, it too bears out that you are a mixture of phlegmatic (water) and Choleric (Fire) with just a dash of Sanguine (Air)

GoddessArtemis

Minderwiz said:
Oh, Jupiter rules Pisces, (Jupiter Pluvius) - sign rulership is not based on affinity. That doesn't stop Neptune being watery, so their is affinity.
Wait..wait. I thought Neptune and Jupiter both ruled Pisces, but it is primarily ruled by Neptune? Because Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter primarily, correct? Or have I been wrong for eons of years?
Having a quick check on your chart, it too bears out that you are a mixture of phlegmatic (water) and Choleric (Fire) with just a dash of Sanguine (Air)
It sounds like I'm quite ill, lol :laugh: (phlegm, cholera)...but actually, it sounds like a lot of hot air, no? :D Water+Fire=Steam. Blow Air=Hot Air.

Ha! Don't tell my friends that! Guess I'm not so perfectly balanced after all. :D

Thank you, Minderwiz.

GA