A question about journeying into the cards

Myrrha

When you go into the cards to speak to the people there how do you remember all that they say?

I thought about speaking into a tape recorder but don't think I could keep up the light trance state and listen to them and speak it into a tape all at the same time.

I find I'm reluctant to go deeper into a journey because I will forget so much of it (mostly what is said) before I can write it down.

Maybe it gets easier to remember over time?

Alta

I find it is hypnotic suggestion. Say clearly, out loud, at the beginning that you will remember everything. Auto-suggestion. I have found it works well, though I did read a lot of about self-hypnosis. But such a simple self-command is amazingly effective.

Alta

Aerin

I treat it as I do remembering a dream - draw a sketch first, start from the end of the thing and work backwards.

Also agree with Alta, sometimes though I think that some stuff is just for your unconscious mind to remember: forgetting is just a way of stopping your conscious mind from mucking it up.

It's all there somewhere. When or if you need to consciously remember then you will.

Myrrha

Thank you both, those are excellent ideas. I will try the hypnotic suggestion. I do remember and write down dreams but for the most part with dreams I'm not trying to remember large chunks of spoken dialogue, conversation. I'll try going from the end to the begining though, that should help. And you may be right, Aerin, that some of it is just for the unconscious.