Something someone said to me.

Lillie

Recently someone who has just started with tarot cards said this to me in an email.

"I'm sure tarot cards are just as eager as living people to tell you what they know."

I thought that was so incredibly significant.

choirqueer

That's what my cards always tell me! ;-)

Emily

Its lovely to hear that quote from someone new to reading. :)

franniee

and sometimes they even have to jump up and down and demand to be heard!! :D

Alta

Yes, agree. I first learned that lesson from I Ching.

I think to regard the cards as something like those mechanical gypsy oracles where you put in a coin and they hand you a written reply is a mis-judgement that leads to frustration and error. I think the interaction has to be seen as a lot more fluid. It is one reason why sometimes the cards don't speak at all.

I think that they are like a passage that is wider or narrower and sometimes closed completely.

Alta

Indigo Rose

Lillie said:
Recently someone who has just started with tarot cards said this to me in an email.

"I'm sure tarot cards are just as eager as living people to tell you what they know."

Yes, indeed. :)

franniee said:
and sometimes they even have to jump up and down and demand to be heard!! :D

:laugh: ROFL YES!!!

Alta said:
I think that they are like a passage that is wider or narrower and sometimes closed completely.Alta

:love: Beautiful, Alta!

What can I add? I think it is an amazing journey and I'm so thankful to be on it. :D

WalesWoman

Lillie said:

Hope she doesn't have one of those extremely talkative decks that will never shut up or go home and just goes on and on, even tho' your eyes have glazed over and you can barely nod... that's what leads to those 78 card readings with no spread, position and by the time you get to the end, can't remember what you were asking about.

ladyofhearts

where can i find one of those talkative decks, waleswoman????? honestly..do you have one or two in mind????

Aerin

WalesWoman said:
Hope she doesn't have one of those extremely talkative decks that will never shut up or go home and just goes on and on, even tho' your eyes have glazed over and you can barely nod... that's what leads to those 78 card readings with no spread, position and by the time you get to the end, can't remember what you were asking about.

:D

And if two of them get together then that's 156 cards.

SunChariot

Lillie said:

I don't know if others will agree, but here's my view. The cards don't tell us anything. I believe my answers come from another source through the cards. My personal belief is that my answers are coming from my angels/spirit guides who ARE liiterally living beings. Well, maybe not alive in the sense of having physical bodies, but in the sense of being able to think and know and understand . So if the cards are as eager as living beings to tell us what they know it is because the answers ARE coming from living beings. And these beings ARE as eager as living people to share with us what we need to know, and in fact probably more so.

That's how I see it, my view of it.

Barbara