How i got here........

Kylie_Girl

Thank you all so much!

I wanted to post a new thread to share more of what finding my spiritual path has done for me. I posted re: the tarot and Christianity and i feel i need to tell you all more about how i got to this point.

I have been a regular at my village church since i was 12, but at that point i was obviously bored and frustrated (we use a King James Bible). We were only allowed to not attend church if we could prove beyond doubt that we were physically unable to do so - we were bought up by our Grandma when our mum died.

As the years went by and the bullying and school continued, i began to find solace within the church and started to enjoy the experience. I trained as a Sunday School Leader, then co lead it for about 4 years before virtually no attendance meant we had to call it a day. I became the youngest ever Churchwarden in our deanery and filled that role for 10 years. But in the last 2 years i could sense the opinions of those around me changing and i felt more and more of an outsider. I have Cerebral Palsy and over the years it has got harder and harder for me to get around,so i went to church less and often missed meetings as i was just too exhausted.

The atmosphere between me and the priest in charge deteriorated, she had no time for me and would refer to other congregation members as her "faithfuls". I soon realised that i no longer belonged there.

I resigned as Churchwarden and after my Grandma died last year i felt that i had no place there anymore.

Its important as this point that i say that i feel disallusioned with the "Institution" of the church, not with my faith. I have felt so lost and directionless with no hope of a fulfilling future, no longr able to drive or work i felt that my future looked bleak. Discovering my spiritual path has been completely life changing, i barely recognise myself, im happy, excited, hopeful, confident, at peace. I feel this is where i truely need to be, it feels so right and i feel so alive, more so than i can ever remember.

So thanks again to you all for so much wonderful advice and overwhelming support - Love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ladyofhearts

"spiritual," "faith." that sums it up. i have found that sometimes, "church," people can be the MOST judgmental people in the world. believe me...try being raised in a strict catholic upbrining. here in the usa, the southern fundamentalist, well they will NOT bend at all. at least i think the catholics are a bit more lienient on SOME things..lol. and and the, "born again," christians. i have one in my own family..very, very unwavering and judgmental. just my 2 cents. find what gives you peace. solace. find what makes you happy. then, you have found your true spiritual path. and, let the others be. live and let live. blessing to you!

Morgane_49

Kylie_Girl said:
Discovering my spiritual path has been completely life changing, i barely recognise myself, im happy, excited, hopeful, confident, at peace. I feel this is where i truely need to be, it feels so right and i feel so alive, more so than i can ever remember.

This is really all that matters, Kylie_Girl!

Marcia959

Sometimes it's hard to remember that people and their constructs and interpretations are necessarily flawed; only God is perfect. Where I would like to see a little more tolerance, respect and kindness (maybe a little more than a little more), I have to remind myself that I need to be tolerant, respectful and kind also. The need for spiritual solace and "lift" is in us all. Our experiential templates can color how we express that need. It doesn't always come out the way someone else might think is right.

I feel sorry for people who are criticized for their faith and spiritual beliefs. It may not be so easy, but the true challenge of faith, Christian or otherwise, is to feel that same love and kindness for those who do the criticizing.

I don't have a problem integrating my faith with my tarot reading. But I know that not everyone else has that perspective.

KG, you've had a challenging road to travel but you've kept the perspective, which I believe is accurate, that your faith did not leave you behind, only some specific people. If you find ways to express your faith rooted in honesty, kindness, love and respect, you will be an example of good to your community, regardless of what some people may do or say. It's not easy. But it has its rewards. Live your life in light.

Rev_Vesta

Kylie girl...

It does not matter what faith you are only that it is important to you.....

You do not need an instituation or anyone else telling you what is right and wrong...and how you should be........

You can continue you faith from the realms of your house........
You can continue to talk to God whenever you wish to do so.......
You can continue to read from the Bible .... You do not need the Church walls to bring you closer to God, your heart will do that .........
You can continue your journey in which ever way brings you closer to who you truly are............ keep going........ You are so on the right path for you.....

Awesome being you...........

take care...

Blessings...

Vesta....

Zezina

Blessings to you Kylie_girl

Find your spirituality where you feel free and happy, and where you get the spiritual satisfaction and warmth from those around you.

Alta

Just a comment that this forum has to stick to, in general, tarot topics. Though of course comments about the problems dealing with obstacles caused by faith divergences and how it affects your tarot practices are fine. A more general discussion should take place in Spirituality.

Do not feel that any of you need to alter your posts so far, just keep this in mind please.

Thank you all,
Alta
co-Moderator, Talking Tarot