How about Seattle?

Grizabella

I'm going to preface this by saying that my youngest daughter and her partner are making this all-expenses-paid trip possible for me, bless their hearts, and I'm not paying for it myself. :bugeyed: (I have my reasons for feeling I need this disclaimer.)

OK, that out of the way, I'm going to be spending two days and one night in Seattle at the end of this month and I was wondering if anyone knows of good metaphysical shops there. If there were to be one in the Pike's Market complex, that would be fantastic, but if not, then in the vicinity of the Paramount Hotel would be good, too. (We're going to be seeing the play "Wicked" and I'm going to be wearing my black velvet CLOAK they gave me for Christmas! Awesome, huh? I'm so excited!)

(Nothing is going to rain on my parade, either!)

Sinduction

Seattle is my absolute favorite place in the whole world! I don't know of any shops but if you will be there during the day, you must go to Green Lake Park. It's the most amazing park. I took my dogs there every day when I lived there.

And don't worry about the rain. It drizzles for like 10 minutes then stops and the sun comes out. It is such a beautiful place. I miss it very much.

Have fun! :D

rif

I visited once but not long enough to find any metaphysical shops. It's a wonderful city. I did get to see the Broadway (?) district, which featured a local college; and college towns are likely places to find such things. I'm sure some native will know.

And ironically, the weather there was nicer that week, than it was here in northeastern Ohio!

Grizabella

Thank you, Sin. And don't worry about the rain---I've lived in Oregon ever since I was born. :p I was speaking of the figure of speech kind of rain. :D

I'll try to see that park if I can.

There's that hotel at Pike's Market that the little cyber tour showed and they said it's a place for low income people now but in the 40's there was a bordello there. What a place to spend my old age, huh? Cheap, in a place with that kind of history, and right next to Pike's Market! Maybe I'll move up there when the girls leave home. :p

rif, the incessant rain is a myth about the Pacific Northwest, really. We do have a lot of nice, dry weather up here in the northern states, but the myth lingers on that we have constant rain. I love any area where there's dampness and fog sometimes, though, like on the coast or around a bay or lake or river. It can be beautiful in its own right.

Calliope

Griz, I am envious! I haven't been up to Seattle in a while (Oregonian right here!) and I miss it. It felt like homecoming to me.

Anyway, I haven't been to any metaphysical shops up there so I can't personally recommend any. with that said, try looking here: http://www.witchvox.com/vn/sh/uswa_sh.html

I love WitchVox. :D

Have fun at Pike Market and be sure to visit the original Starbucks! It's kind of sad seeing the original and what it has become (ah, over-saturation).

SherryZoned

Oh fun! Never been there. But my husband I swear if we could afford to move and him find a job he would move us all there.

Grizabella

Wow, what a good resource, Calliope!

Sherry, let's all move up there! LOL Sounds good to me! Next best to where I am, I think.

nisaba

One of my many favourite human beings lives in Seattle. It's almost enough to get me to forgive it for being a city.

Grizabella

Wow, nisaba. Have you ever been there to visit? Or has she been able to visit you?

Calliope, I can't figure out how to make that site come up with places in Oregon. How did you do that?

nisaba

<smile> No and no, unfortunately.

Apparently, Vonda McIntyre also lives there, along with Megan Lindholm who wrote a fantastic thing called "Wizard of the Pigeons" years ago, plus Ursula le Guin, who is in herself fantastic (look for a short story called "Things" - it will haunt you forever). Apparently the three of 'em know each other, too - something *very* healthy is happening in Seattle.

Hmmm ... anyone know if any of them have ever wielded a Tarot deck? It'd be interesting to know.