question: asking about THIS coming up with THAT?

ladyofhearts

hi all..question here i was wondering about, all feedback greatly appreciated. have you ever had a reading done for yourself and the answer came back not relating to you at all, but relating to someone you knew? or their particular situation? or say, you ask for a reading about someone who is a concern in your life. have you ever had the answers directly reflect on YOU, and not the person your're reading on? what i am asking here is, can the energies at the moment reflect on something totally different than what you originally asked? i had a friend one time who had a professional reading done on a relationship question,about a man. the answer shocked her. it totally did not relate to her and him at all. it reflected on his relationship with his current woman. has this happend to anyone else? if so, how can this be explained? what is the message in the cards for someone, say in that particular case? like for my friend who had a professional reading done and the reading came back totally reflecting on the man and his current girlfriend. feedback anyone?

Grizabella

Well, the following is just my opinion and others will have their own.

I think this might be a result of the professional reader not clearing and centering his/her mind on the reading at hand. They might be preoccupied with their own issues when they start the reading.

I believe if a reader asks about the issues the sitter is asking about and is working from a clear mind, then the cards will give them the answer for the sitter, not the reader.

It's the "it's not about you, it's about them" thing.

As I said, this is my opinion and others will disagree, I'm sure. But I do think if a reader is ready to go pro, they should be prepared to always clear, center and focus themselves before reading.

Even if a reader picked up on a sitter's friend's issues who had come along for the reading, I still think clearing, centering and focus should pretty much take care of the issue. I guess if the sitter's friend was pressed enough about issues of their own it could "bleed into" the other reading, though.

ladyofhearts

thank you grizabella! i have always found your answers to be, "grounded," so to speak. and, "ring," so true. so, if the person who is reading, is not centered, their thoughts scattered, it can effect the reading. ok. i was wondering how another's situation could, "bleed," into someones reading. maybe she went to a reader who was having a busy day, did alot of readings, was tired..who knows? thanks again!

Aladdin

This has happened to me several times regardless of how centred or grounded the reader was, whatever these terms may mean.
Over ten years ago i was told by one professional reader that i'd become involved with a lady who was involved with a boat and tidal estuaries.
As it turned out i was the reject and the man she chose at that time worked on the Pete Goss ill fated trimaran built at Totnes on the river Dart.
Couldn't make any sense of this - until i found out. This convinced me that the Tarot never lies yet doesn't always produce answers the querent wants; think they want. Answers for me have sometimes arrived circuitously and indeed via third parties.

Muir Aingeal

I was supposed to do a work reading for someone one time but the cards wanted to talk about this persons upcoming divorce instead. I believe I was grounded and centered at the time so I dunno...maybe the sitter was thinking about the divorce at the time of her inquiry rather than anything related to work.

sweet_intuition

Well, sometimes the cards tell us what we "need" to know, and not necessarily what we "want" to know. There's a big difference between the two.

Grizabella

I was referring to a person getting a reading and the reader getting something on themselves or on a person other than either the reader or the sitter. I'm sure it does happen. I just said what I thought should prevent or limit it happening.

WalesWoman

It's happened, not sure why. I don't get a chance to read that much for other people, so when I do and the cards seem to be more about my own stuff than theirs, I figure my own stuff is too much on my mind, try to center myself and start over.

Since most of my readings are here, I'll do a reading for myself first, so if there is something Tarot has to say, it can get it out of it's system and then I can focus on the person I'm supposed to be reading for.

But I'd almost bet that certain cards that come up in a reading will trigger something inside that will make you relate it to your own stuff one way or another, but still be right on track for the person you are reading for. It's the way tarot is built, it's made to trigger stuff and bring it out into the open.