grounding, focusing, centering

ladyofhearts

how do you really ground, focus and center before a reading? to be totally, "in the moment?" for the best reading possible? anyone?

Grizabella

Wow, you're just a pepper, aren't ya? LOL :heart: So many quick questions. You're like the Roadrunner in the cartoons.

Well, if you do a search on "grounding", you'll come up with a lot more answers than you'll get in a thread, I think. Just about everything you've been asking has been asked a lot of times and using the search feature is just fascinating. I get lost for hours sometimes following the links I get using that. Let me know if you need some help.

In the meantime, nothing wrong with questions in threads, either. It's just that you might get more and get it more quickly using the search on some of these things.

nisaba

Hold the deck in my hands, close my eyes while drawing in a deep breath, open my eyes when I let the breath out.

That sets me up perfectly.

The rest of the world and any issues I might have are gone: it's just me, the deck, the querent and the message. Takes all of four seconds.

Grizabella

There ya go---nisaba is always there with help.

Some people sit with their feet on the floor side by side, too, and kind of get into a meditative state for a few seconds. Or imagine themselves inside a bubble of white light or both.

Grizabella

I'm trying to help with some links but it's not working right. Let me go figure it out and I'll be back.

ladyofhearts

LOL grizabella! a pepper, huh? well, i think of questions sometimes quickly, and before i forget, i post. thanks, nisaba. i guess just clearing your mind of clutter, and FOCUS, on the question, only at hand. both of you are a treasure for insight. always read your postings and learn something!

Calliope

Grizabella said:
Wow, you're just a pepper, aren't ya? LOL :heart:

Oh my, that made my day. LOL I love it. :p

Depends on what I'm feeling at the time. Sometimes I need to listen to some music (usually instrumental/chanting), other times I just sit there with my hands on the deck and breathe and presto chango, I'm ready to go.

Definitely depends on how I'm feeling and how the world around me feels.

Grizabella

I get really grounded, centered and focused if I listen to Native American flute music, especially with nature sounds. :) I don't do it always for reading, though.

sweet_intuition

Just my two cents... this works for me.

I drink a bottle of water before and after readings. Preferably room temperature.. either Evian or Perrier. It some how makes me feel all the more cleansed, focused and grounded before n after a reading. Also, I like to light Nagchampa or Patchouli incense sticks and a vanilla scented candle to help clear the energies and allow me to focus all my vibes and all that jazz... plus makes the room smell pretty and make both me and the sitter feel at ease.

Also, it helps if you wear nice comfy clothes while doing the reading. Not advocating wearing tacky moo-moos or those hippie kaftans which are anything but chic, but just being comfy when reading the cards also enables one to be all the more focused. I also enjoy being barefoot when I read. It helps me ground better as I feel all the more 'rooted' to the earth with my bare feet touching the floor.

214red

the tree visualisation works for me , i just imagine i am a tree, and my roots are pushed down in the earth until i hit the core, i then imagine i am connected to the core and breathe the energy up from the earth into my root chakra to ground. i do this every morning and night, not before readings unless i feel especially ungrounded.

before readings i just ask ask for the best reading for the client (in my head i ask) and then i launch into it