Opinions needed!

xokillerqueen

I purchased the Fenestra tarot cards over a year ago. They are beautiful. Unfourtanetly recently my readings haven't made much sense.. I tried cleansing them, sleeping with them, and giving them a break. I was wondering if it could because I havent used them for a while, maybe its being stubborn, or maybe I was a different person when I first got them and grew up a lot within the year. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Col

lark

I think a choice of deck has a lot to do with our own color frequency level.
And that can change as we grow.
You might not be matched to the subdued tones of the deck anymore...you might respond better to cards with more pronounced color.
Brighter, more outline around the figures, not so single toned.
Not to say there is anything wrong with your deck..but for me the colors of a deck have to rise up and hit my own color frequency level between the eyes or it all just looks like a bunch of swirling monotone blur.

olivia1

xokillerqueen said:
I purchased the Fenestra tarot cards over a year ago. They are beautiful. Unfourtanetly recently my readings haven't made much sense.. I tried cleansing them, sleeping with them, and giving them a break. I was wondering if it could because I havent used them for a while, maybe its being stubborn, or maybe I was a different person when I first got them and grew up a lot within the year. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Col

It's hard to say. Have you been working with another deck this whole time? Or have you simply just stopped reading tarot in general?

xokillerqueen

olivia1 said:
It's hard to say. Have you been working with another deck this whole time? Or have you simply just stopped reading tarot in general?

No other deck.. Just stopped for a couple months but i've been working back with them for a few months now

HearthCricket

I think this happens to a lot of people. It certainly has happened to me. I usually put the deck aside and get another one out and allow myself to broaden my horizons. Perhaps something like the Legacy of the Divine might speak to you, right now, with the rich jewel tones. That, or another deck, depending on your own taste, maybe toss in some astrodice and an oracle, and let your imagination go wild! Some people can work with the same deck for years or a lifetime, but I can't. I get stale doing that. I need and love variety. Go browsing on the deck section (upper right hand corner of your screen) and see what decks might grab you. They also come listed in various categories to narrow things down. Let us know what you decide to do!

214red

happened to me with the druidcraft, usually i would have discarded it, but i decided not continue trying as i love the deck and believe i was meant to use it.then i found i could read for other people with them, and i was more determined to use it myself so i went back to basics and pulled a card a day to relate to it, and then did a week of living out the cards and finally i connected

missy

I've had decks I click with and decks I don't click with. Or a deck that I click with that, for some reason, I stop clicking with. I do what others have said: I set it aside, and reach for one that is calling to me. I have several I use regularly, but currently am using the one I just received, the Transparent Tarot. It is always such a pleasure when one receives a new deck and clicks instantly with it. :)

We can't foresee how we are going to relate to a deck, or even whether we are going to relate to it. It may be that you can't relate to it now, but if you set it aside and pick up something else, it may call to you in the future. After all, there was a reason you were initially attracted to it. :)

Thirteen

xokillerqueen said:
Could be any of the above. Perhaps the break you gave them wasn't long enough. Put them away and use another deck for a good long time--a few months at least. Then, when you return to the Fenestra deck, it'll be like you're seeing them again for the first time. And that may be all you need to refresh your ability to use them.

nisaba

You didn't mention this so I don't know if it's true or not, but bear in mind that a lot of people have found that if you keep asking the same questions repeatedly, decks will seem to get exasperated with you, and will start giving you nonsense-answers, because you didn't appear to accept the answer the first time. So if your readings have been centred around the same issues or the same people for a while, it may just be that the deck is sick of giving you the answer that you apparently don't accept because you keep asking, so now it's just giving you random meaningless cards.

I'm not saying this is what IS happening because you haven't mentioned whether or not your recent readings have been on the same subject, but it is a possibility to consider.

xokillerqueen

So I did buy a new deck that i havent even looked at yet.. (shame..) but I couldnt give up on my Fenestra! Its the only deck i've had that lasted this long with me. I actually sorted all the cards out in order and went thru each card that reminded me of the meaning. I slept with it for two nights and I just did a celtic cross spread and i connected with my deck like never before! I'm so happy cause i truly love the deck but i am also stubborn when I shouldn't be! Thanks everyone for the advice!!