Do you think these are actors?

Astraea Aurora

I think the readers are real, just not the "querent(s)".

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Sinduction

It always helps when my querent lies to me. I think the readers are just bad.

$125! Wow! To be convinced of what exactly?

Debra

The first guy has a web site.

mysticmonkey

Astraea Aurora said:
I think the readers are real
Agreed.

It would have been interesting to see the whole spreads/readings.

Lilija

I always wonder, if, on shows like that they audition a dozen or more readers, and pick the most amazingly bad, to represent their message. I like the concept of the show, but remember, kids, don't believe everything you see on television, it's all there to keep people watching! Of course, if they spend all this time, energy, and money trying to show Tarot as fraudulent, of COURSE they're going to round up a buncha charlatans. Also, they didn't bother to show much more of the readings, just the bits that gelled with the overall message of the show. Not that I think those three readings were very worthwhile to begin with.

It is what it is, and shows like that make me even more earnest at what I do reading for people, sharing my gift in any way possible.

Shade

If you come to me for a reading specifically to prove tarot is not real you will probably leave believing you were right.

If you come to me dead set on proving that tarot IS real you will probably also leave feeling like you were right.

c'est la vie.

It does annoy me that many stage magicians feel they need to prove that all magic is false and that what we do is just mystical quackery. Just because YOU lie to people all evening for a living doesn't mean I do.

rabidwolfie

Anyone know what deck that first guy was using?

FatesLady

I love that show, but I felt like they didn't do their homework on this one. If you ask a reader to do a reading sans question, they're sort of fumbling in the dark anyway, IMO. And they DO love to choose the biggest idiots to represent the opposition, so the strange and possibly scammy readers don't surprise me. Ah, well.

Debra

rabidwolfie said:
Anyone know what deck that first guy was using?

That's the Voyager tarot.