Certification, is this important?

BelovedK

I am not sure if this is the correct place to put this. I thought perhaps the 'professional' area, but I am too new of a member to have access there.

Is this important? I am incorporating the Tarot into my classes on creative writing/creativity. I also do readings for others, but not really pro though (want to one day though) What are the pros/cons? Who is "certified"? , and does anyone know of a good place to seek out this sort of thing?
TIA

Sinduction

Certification is not necessary to be a pro. I am one of those that doesn't see the point of certification.

BelovedK

lol, I was wondering if it would be a big can of worms, I think I'll just go lurk on the other threads :)

Apollonia

I think being certified is a load of nonsense, personally. I've been reading for quite a few years now, and not one of my clients has ever asked about my being certified. They mostly want to know how long I've been reading.

Aerin

My view on ANY sort of course whether leading to being "certified" or not is:

Do the trainer's values and your values complement each other? If they clash horribly, stop and don't do it.

Will YOU value what you will be learning and what it will test? Enough for the exchange you need to make for getting there (time and/or money)? If yes, go ahead. If not, don't.

If the above speak against you doing it, well..... if you don't value it and/ or it is against your values then why would you want to use it as a selling point? If you do value it and it enhances what you think is important then any pluses in the eyes of your clients is a bonus and (IMO) shouldn't be the sole reason for doing making the exchange.

Of course if you need some form of certification to work in your chosen field then things are slightly different. I don't know where in the world that is the case in the context of Tarot.

Aerin

Chanel

Possibly hanging myself here.. but.. I believe certification would be a great asset to the tarot industry. If you are a professional and want to work as a professional, why not? Other industries that use certificates are not judging the artistic application of their skills.. only their knowledge and dedication and commitment to the field. I think our industry would be taken much more seriously. just my two cents.. :)

214red

i dont beleive you can do that,a good reader is hard to define

Baroli

Nope!!! Never has been,...never IMO will be.