Private readings that are "tampered" with,dangerous or not???????

Fostha

What do people here think the dangers are,of a private reading that has been tampered with? If someone was to speak with the reader beforehand,inform them to say what they think you want to hear,could this have any negative outcome for the other persons mentioned in ur reading at all do you think? Ive always believed the tarot was a tool to be respected,and not tampered with in anyway,and i never have,and never would,but unfortunately,ive had private reads "tampered" with,and im now worried about any possible negative outcomes for the persons mentioned in them reads. Any ideas anyone?

Ange

All I can say about this is that if anyone tried to tell me any info on someone I was about to read for I'd walk away....not only from them but from the reading too.

There has to be respect both for the cards, for the instinct and for the reader and querant.

Ang x

214red

it comes down to ethics.....

Grizabella

Well, it's kind of an odd question. Of course I'd just ignore the request and not do it.

Lilija

I really don't understand what you mean here. First, I don't get "danger" is this a life threatening situation?

Secondly, I don't get "tampered with". As a reader, one makes the choice to hear and see and say whatever one wants. Of course telling a sitter only what they want to hear and not what the cards truly say is a negative experience, negative for both the reader and sitter.

If I went to a pro reader, and recieved that sort of treatment, they'd get forever marked as "charlatan" in my book. I can get any number of superficial jerks in my life to appeal to my ego and tell me nice things.

It's negative as a reader, because there's no actual "reading" going on. The reader does a disservice to his or herself, in a situation like that, too. There's no communication, no learning, no care for the sitter.

Good conscience should dictate whether one takes secret knowledge, or some pre-arranged thing, and brings that into a reading. If someone wants to be that kind of "reader" then it's their choice, for better or worse.

I guess, what I'm getting at is this: A good reader, ethical, couldn't and wouldn't be "tampered" with, so the idea of "danger" shouldn't even pop up.

missy

I agree with what has been said here. Lilija summed it up perfectly.

Are you saying you have been approached as a reader by third parties who wanted to give you information about Person "A"? And that as a reader you listened to this information and later read for Person "A"?

Because as a reader, I couldn't do that. I would walk away and I might even tell Person "A" that I couldn't read for them because a third party had given me information that would cloud the reading. But I can't imagine even listening to that third party without walking away or insisting that the third party leave the premises. The moment I felt that third party was going to impart information that would cloud a reading, I would interrupt, ask them to not continue, and ask them to leave. And if they did manage to impart some information, I would not read for Person "A".

nisaba

Fostha said:
What do people here think the dangers are,of a private reading that has been tampered with? If someone was to speak with the reader beforehand,inform them to say what they think you want to hear,could this have any negative outcome for the other persons mentioned in ur reading at all do you think? Ive always believed the tarot was a tool to be respected,and not tampered with in anyway,and i never have,and never would,but unfortunately,ive had private reads "tampered" with,and im now worried about any possible negative outcomes for the persons mentioned in them reads. Any ideas anyone?
Are you speaking from the perspective of the reader, the client or the interferer?

As a reader, I'd close down the conversation, refuse to let them speak, then refuse the reading. As a potential client, I'd be horrified if a family member, friend or lover tried to influence it - I'd wonder what they were trying to hide, and get them out of my life immediately. As the third person - I don't think it would ever occur to me to tamper with a reading. I might, if I were being dishonest in the friendship, encourage them not to have a reading, but if they did, I wouldn't try and bend it.

Nevada

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Fostha said:
If someone was to speak with the reader beforehand,inform them to say what they think you want to hear,could this have any negative outcome for the other persons mentioned in ur reading at all do you think? Ive always believed the tarot was a tool to be respected,and not tampered with in anyway,and i never have,and never would,but unfortunately,ive had private reads "tampered" with,and im now worried about any possible negative outcomes for the persons mentioned in them reads. Any ideas anyone?
Boldface mine. Are you saying the third party tells the reader what to say? It would be bad enough to have information about them up front, I wouldn't want that. But if I read this correctly it sounds as if the third party is trying to manipulate the sitter by getting the reader to say certain things. Absolutely not! I would think this a distincly Svengalian approach to a Tarot reading.

cardlady22

Fostha said:
ive had private reads "tampered" with,and im now worried about any possible negative outcomes for the persons mentioned in them reads.
I am understanding this as a question about persons mentioned in the reading. I'm imagining a scenario where the original poster was told that certain things were going to happen to/with people. For example, if someone told the Reader to tell me that my parents were going to have X happen in their situation.

If this was the type of thing, it would be wrong information given to the Querent, but I don't think it would affect the people being discussed unless you went back to them & advised them based on the tainted information. Even then, they would still have the free will to choose a different outcome.

Ignore me if I'm off the mark here! :grin:

Taamar

I MIGHT be willing to take a little input along the lines of 'Be aware that this person has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and is looking for an excuse to pretend it doesn't exist' so that I could be extra careful of how I phrase things.