Faerie Sightings In The Real World!

missy

I just received my Fairy Ring Oracle deck. I had to go to the grocery store, but before I did, I went through the deck, looked at each card, made sure all cards were present, and looked at the Faerie "holidays" cards.

I did not have time to read anything in the book, except I did try to figure out which of the Faerie holiday cards was the closest to any holidays that might be upcoming or recent.

I did not want to put the deck away; I felt ready to dive right into the book! But I had to, because I had to go to the grocery store. So with much grumbling, I put the deck away, and I intend later on tonight to fully dive in to the deck, as in with the book, and begin to get to know each of these faeries! I cannot wait. :party:

In the meantime, I headed off to the grocery store, where a number of things happened. Mind you, I have never really "believed" in faeries, but I clearly admit to having an open mind and to having some connection happen within the past couple of days where I have clearly felt more of a belief in faeries.

I believe the things at the store happened because I went through my new faerie deck.

I will describe what happened, and then ask if any of you have had similar experiences, after handling a faerie deck, or getting to know a faerie deck.

First, I got a cart with a REALLY squeaky wheel. Normally I am one of those people that tests each cart, and has to get a cart that not only doesn't squeak, but that doesn't go sideways. Due to their having cleaned all the carts out of one section, I grabbed the one that was easily available. It had a squeaky wheel; I took it anyway.

As I went through the store, I began at some point to feel this squeaky wheel cart, which was really, really merrily squeaking, was a joke that the faeries were playing on me! But not before some other things happened! :eek:

One of my first stops in the store was the bakery. A woman helped me. She was a little grumpy, but was okay. I have seen her there before. But this time, I truly thought she was a faerie in human form! :eek: I felt that maybe a faerie was using her "form" to transform herself and maybe spy on me or interact with me. I couldn't shake the feeling. Why was I having this feeling?

Then, I continued through the store, going through different areas. I finally came to the deli, and another woman helped me. Again I had this strong feeling that this woman was in fact FAERIE helping me. I cannot explain it.

During checkout, I happened to pick a cashier who was really goofing off with the elderly woman who was the grocery bagger. I felt the faeries had sort of bewitched them and I was a bit annoyed as I was in a hurry. When the young man who was the cashier asked me, "How are you?" I replied that I was in a hurry. Because they were talking about outer space or something, and when they talked they stopped working completely. No groceries were bagged; their hands stopped moving; nothing was happening! But when I said I was in a hurry, twice, they began to start moving again.

And there was what I think was my third faerie sighting. It was the elderly woman who was bagging the groceries. Again I couldn't shake the feeling that she was a faerie in disguise who was helping bag my groceries. They asked if I needed help to my car and I said yes. So she helped me with my groceries out to my car. We just chatted and she helped me put the groceries in my car.

Driving home, I tried to piece this all together. Was this just a feeling, and nothing more? Or was this one faerie, who took the guise of three different human forms, and followed me through the store? Was this one faerie also responsible for the squeaky cart (which I admit I am still laughing about) and also for the cut-up (funny)behavior of the people both the cashier and the grocery bagger?

I also can't shake the feeling that someone (faery) is looking after me.

I am off to eat dinner, and then afterwards I can hardly wait to pick up my new deck and go through it card by card, with the book! I cannot explain how I felt instantly attracted to the deck and to these faeries with their stories. I can hardly wait to get to know these faeries and read the book! I can't wait, really! I'm going to delve into this deck right after supper. :D

I have never considered myself a faery person; never even thought much about it until the last couple of days. Although I do admit to a vivid imagination! I am not someone who is this person who has always believed in faeries. But I can't shake that something seems to have happened in the grocery store, and I still have a feeling I can't shake.

Does anyone else want to share any similar feelings or experiences you have had after handling a deck of faery cards? Or is this just me?

:party:

F.M. Tarot

My take on all those experiences were that your mind and imagination is focusing on faeries and things of that sort right now, probably quite intently! You had just looked at your deck and was really thinking about it. So perhaps you started thinking everything (or the workers there too) was somehow connected to or was a faerie! But you have to go with whatever you think was 'real', whatever that is right? ;)

I say that because I know at times our imagination can run away with us and since I personally live in my imagination most of the, I also know how wondrous a place that can be. But it's also important to use your discernment (which does build up over your practice working with the fae) as to what is actual real contact with that realm and beings and what is some magical imaginary fun.

AJ

I think you'd be an ideal candidate to gaslight :)

faunabay

Well while I've never seen a faerie "take over" a person, I have seen people that I believe are incarnated faeries...or mermaids. Jewel are you around? :*

missy

F.M. Tarot said:
My take on all those experiences were that your mind and imagination is focusing on faeries and things of that sort right now, probably quite intently! You had just looked at your deck and was really thinking about it. So perhaps you started thinking everything (or the workers there too) was somehow connected to or was a faerie! But you have to go with whatever you think was 'real', whatever that is right? ;)

I say that because I know at times our imagination can run away with us and since I personally live in my imagination most of the, I also know how wondrous a place that can be. But it's also important to use your discernment (which does build up over your practice working with the fae) as to what is actual real contact with that realm and beings and what is some magical imaginary fun.

I would agree with all of this! I *do* have a vivid imagination, and never having seen a faery deck before, of course this was very much on my mind when I went to the store. Also I couldn't wait to get home so that I could start going through the deck! :D

So, yes, I think what happened in the store was a product of my very vivid imagination, and not that I saw a "faerie" that was showing itself through a human being. :)

But just as an aside, as a question, do faeries have the ability to take any form? Is it conceivable that a faery could choose to show themselves in human form? Or am I now just being as silly as I was in my first post? ;)

I ask because, for example, for those who believe in Jesus (not saying I do), from what I have read in the Bible (as I am originally from the Bible Belt, so yes, in the past I did read the Bible, though no more), it seems I recall there might be places in the Bible where it is stated that "the Lord" might appear as a beggar, etc., therefore to always be nice to beggars (or some similar parable); my point being, I think the Bible was saying be careful how you treat strangers, because they could possibly be "the Lord." I am paraphrasing as it has been a very long time since I read a Bible.

So I wondered if anyone knows whether faeries have a similar ability: are they ever known to have taken human form for some reason or another? I am not saying that is what happened with me. I believe I was just letting my imagination get the better of me. But, just as a "what if" scenario, could it happen? Or perhaps faeries want to naturally avoid crowded places where humans go. After all; let's face it. I absolutely abhor going to the grocery store, :laugh: and if I were a faerie it would be the last place I would want to be. I would much prefer to be somewhere in the woods (what few woods are left) or in the hills, with other faery folk.

At any rate, I guess the main point is, yes, I think I was letting my imagination get the better of me. ;)

But I am really enjoying getting to know my new deck! :D

missy

AJ said:
I think you'd be an ideal candidate to gaslight :)

Do you mean "Gaslight" as in the 1944 movie with Ingrid Bergman? :laugh: Oh dear. I do think she was especially gullible in that movie! Her husband was downright evil. :eek:

celticnoodle

missy_ said:
I ask because, for example, for those who believe in Jesus (not saying I do), from what I have read in the Bible (as I am originally from the Bible Belt, so yes, in the past I did read the Bible, though no more), it seems I recall there might be places in the Bible where it is stated that "the Lord" might appear as a beggar, etc., therefore to always be nice to beggars (or some similar parable); my point being, I think the Bible was saying be careful how you treat strangers, because they could possibly be "the Lord." I am paraphrasing as it has been a very long time since I read a Bible.
oh my! did this take me back a good 30yrs! :laugh: my grandmother ALWAYS told us this! She use to cook food and take it to the beggars, and sometimes if they came to her home, she'd also give them shoes or a coat, or hat, whatever she felt they needed, much to the rest of the family's dismay! :laugh: Nanny always would say, "you never know when you may be doing this for Jesus!" :D

So I wondered if anyone knows whether faeries have a similar ability: are they ever known to have taken human form for some reason or another?
well, this is another thing my grandmother would tell us--that the faery folk could 'steal your soul' or take on your form. :laugh: and, I recall many in my family saying that someone in our midst was a true pixie, faery, etc. :laugh: i think this is actually some old world superstition that emigrated with my family members. heck, my nanny would even feed the faery's for good luck! :laugh: and, my Irish born and bred grandfather looked very much like what I thought a leprachuan should! :p so, possible. who'se to say?

a favorite quote of mine---" a little whimsy now and then, practiced by the wisest men!"

so, if you want to believe you saw faeries, then why not?! who does it hurt?

missy

celticnoodle said:
well, this is another thing my grandmother would tell us--that the faery folk could 'steal your soul' or take on your form. :laugh: and, I recall many in my family saying that someone in our midst was a true pixie, faery, etc. :laugh: i think this is actually some old world superstition that emigrated with my family members.

Of course, just as I finished asking my question, in my new deck, I started reading about the Boabhan Sith (not recommended to work with, as they drink the blood of young men like Vampires do) and the Selkie (okay to work with) and both can assume human form. ;) So I guess I answered my own question. And I think now that there may have been others in the deck that I read about that can also assume human form, though I cannot recall their names right off the bat.

Of course, this entire deck has to do with Celtic faeries and Otherworldly creatures of Celtic lore, but since these tales have been passed down for generations, who's to say there is not some truth to them? ;)

celticnoodle said:
heck, my nanny would even feed the faery's for good luck! :laugh: and, my Irish born and bred grandfather looked very much like what I thought a leprachuan should! :p so, possible. who'se to say?

a favorite quote of mine---" a little whimsy now and then, practiced by the wisest men!"

so, if you want to believe you saw faeries, then why not?! who does it hurt?

Agreed! :D And I do think there is, as F.M. Tarot said, as one works with the faeries, I'm sure one learns to discern between what is one's imagination and when it is not one's imagination, though I would say any faerie that wanted to pass as a human could easily do so, since they are magical, after all. :eek:

:party:

I find those tales about your grandmother endearing!

:heart: