Some readings 100% on the spot accurate, others not?

omera

Many readings I've done for people were 100% on the spot- it surprised them that Tarot actually works well. Other times people just aren't too sure if the reading was right for them.
This is the spread I've been using for other people.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=74375

Whats effecting such a drastic difference in accuracy?

Promise

Simple answer? We're all human, and not a single one of us is perfect.

We're all bound to have 'off' days...or in my case, off years.

Grizabella

Sometimes we're just wrong, that's all. I believe that there are things we're not meant to know, too. Think of this---if your mother tells you green doesn't look good on you, you're not always likely to put much stock in it. It's just your mother talking. However, if a man you're very interested in tells you the same thing in a different time and different place, you're more likely to pay attention to that and the hurt will stick with you. I think sometimes messages are supposed to come to the person from somewhere else at a different place and time so you just don't get it in the cards.

Nobody---absolutely nobody---is 100% accurate all the time, anyway. They just aren't. We aren't supposed to be. :)

Mellaenn

I also think we may be better at transmitting to some people than others. Some people ask for a reading and just block us off for whatever reason; I can feel the energy being blocked when this happens. It's probably not done consciously on their part.

Or maybe it's just not a "frequency" match when I "transmit" to some people, whereas another reader could read for them five minutes later and Bingo!

But this is all conjecture on my part.

starrystarrynight

I think that determining a spread that I can work well with goes a long way toward making or breaking my "accuracy" rate. (And even when I find a spread that seems to work well for me intuitively, as the others have said--no one is always right, anyway!)

I would have trouble using the spread you linked to for a couple of reasons. First, I have a hard time determining what single card answers a Yes/No question (the last position of that spread.) For those who have a fool-proof method of answering Yes/No questions with one card, that wouldn't be a problem...but I am not among those readers. :p

I also should think that the seeker would already know how s/he feels about the other person (Position #2), as well as how s/he sees him or her (Position #4)--which are two out of the five questions in the spread. So, I don't understand what benefit the reader gets from asking them. Therefore, again, that spread would hinder me.

I'm not trying to pick on the designer of that spread...if it works well for her or for you, then that's great. I guess my point is that some things as seemingly simple as choosing the right spread for the question can challenge your "accuracy rate", too.

Jyscal

I think everyone has already given great advice and would just like to to also say that i find Tarot can be alot like life sometimes in which things may not always go exactly the way we want, but there is always a reason behind why it happened and a lesson to learn.

Maybe just try and be comletely honest with the person next time you feel that the reading is unclear or you can'y quite yet undestand the message. Explain to them how you feel and you might find that it allows them to be much more open as they can now maybe see that just like them your only human.

omera

That spread isn't necessarily for yes or no questions. I can use it on anybody: Pets, family members, friends, etc just to see the status of a relationship/friendship/whatever.
And you might be right. Only two cards represent the other person. I might make two that represent me into extra feelings/views the person has toward me, since I already know my own feelings and views on them.

starrystarrynight

omera said:
And you might be right. Only two cards represent the other person. I might make two that represent me into extra feelings/views the person has toward me, since I already know my own feelings and views on them.
That was my first impression of that spread if you are reading for someone else. On the other hand, questions like that can be great for self-discovery in readings you do for yourself.

I just wanted to point out that difference because I didn't in my first post in this thread. :p

(Sometimes I type and hit send too quickly.)

Sulis

You've only just started using tarot. Are you using meanings you get from a book or are you actually reading the cards yourself?

I ask because you're a beginner and learning tarot is a life-long thing. It's a journey and is a little like learning to speak another language; it takes a long, long time before you become fluent.
Even seasoned readers who have been doing it for decades are wrong sometimes, just because tarot is an art and not a strict science and because sometimes we're just wrong.
You've been using tarot for a couple of weeks so I'd be surprised if your readings were all accurate, especially if you're not actually 'reading' the cards but are using generic meanings taken from books.

214red

100% accuracy, how do you quantify that? is everything that you say when reading spot on, every word?

consistancy is one of the things you have to learn in tarot, and there isnt really any quick way of doing it, its just working with tarot.

i would work through the spreads you have done and find out why you were not as accurate in some as others, maybe your simply not reading the correct meaning for the card for the spread and the situation. 1 card can mean soo many things that sometimes we can say that a reading wasnt good, but thats because we didnt see what we missed in the cards as an answer. so sometimes its not the cards being wrong its the interpretation that is wrong, and thats just practice that will correct that