I have a confession :P

gorgeousbutterfly

There's a new age store where i go to a lot, and there are readers who read tarot and do psychic readings for others, well if you browse at the new age items, you can hear everything that is being spoken.... so I eaves drop. lol... there are little rooms there but they don't have a door, they are like curtains so there is no real privacy. , and i hear how the readers interpt tarot and the things they say.one time, i was there pretending i was looking at books and one of the readers comes out and looks at me with suspicion lol i think she "knew" i was eaves dropping. because well, she's psychic lol. I do LOVE to hear what they are saying and i wish i can stay and listen what they have to say all day long!

Wendywu

I have to say I'd be pretty outraged if you listened in on a reading done for me and I found out about it. Would you read my personal diary if I happened to leave it lying around where you could chance upon it? Or my personal letters? So what's the difference?

By definition a tarot reading is a private thing. I have read for people who would be utterly mortified if their reading were known to a third party. Even if that third party had no intention of whatsoever of doing anything but savouring the details of the reading privately. For some of my clients their problems are real and huge, their tears are very real and their heartbreak not in the public domain.

Surely the curtains by definition advise you that what goes on in the little rooms is not actually a floorshow? Would you peep through the curtains when someone was changing clothes in there?

I must go and calm down. For the first time ever I am genuinely cross about something I have read on this board.

Right - having calmed down somewhat - if it's easy to hear what's being said should if you are browsing in that section - could you not advise the shop of this? Or if you don't need anything just move on? You have a choice here y'know.

tarotlyn

:heart:...sweetie, here is what I think...

I think you should try to see if you can take lessons from them (or at least
from one of them) and that way you are not having to listen in like that...

Because maybe it bothers them and they want to keep their "private" sessions
just...well..."private" for their clients. you might feel the same way if you were
the reader (or how about if you were the client?)

If it was me, I would go and make friends with these readers and let them know
how much I liked the way they read. Just a thought!

I think doing it this way, might open you to much more tarot info from them.
Big Hugs!
:heart:Lyn

Wendywu

Nice response Tarotlyn :love: - kinder than mine.....

yeah - speak to the readers. Ignore me. I hate invasions of privacy - it's a -personal thing. Confidentiality is huge in my work - I can carry it to extremes ....

gorgeousbutterfly

Wendywu said:
I have to say I'd be pretty outraged if you listened in on a reading done for me and I found out about it. Would you read my personal diary if I happened to leave it lying around where you could chance upon it? Or my personal letters? So what's the difference?

By definition a tarot reading is a private thing. I have read for people who would be utterly mortified if their reading were known to a third party. Even if that third party had no intention of whatsoever of doing anything but savouring the details of the reading privately. For some of my clients their problems are real and huge, their tears are very real and their heartbreak not in the public domain.

Surely the curtains by definition advise you that what goes on in the little rooms is not actually a floorshow? Would you peep through the curtains when someone was changing clothes in there?

I must go and calm down. For the first time ever I am genuinely cross about something I have read on this board.

Right - having calmed down somewhat - if it's easy to hear what's being said should if you are browsing in that section - could you not advise the shop of this? Or if you don't need anything just move on? You have a choice here y'know.

I have no idea who the clients are. and second of all, i only overhear like one minute or less of it. and i have no idea what they are talking about usually because its like the middle of nothing. so i just get a peak. and i really do not think its nearly as bad as looking at a diary of someone you ALREADY know. i think you are overreacting.

Wendywu

I agree I over-reacted to an extent but I still think that "pretending to look at a book" so that you could deliberately eavesdrop is not exactly ethical.

Do you really think that reading the diary of someone unknown to you is in any way acceptable? (This is an honest question - I do react to invasions of privacy quite strongly - I am curious as to how this is generally regarded)

I am sorry if I upset you in any way but as I say, the readings I do for people who are upset - it isn't my reading I wouldn't want overheard - it's my clients' distress.

tarotlyn

Wendywu, :heart: sweetie, we posted almost at the same time...when I was writing
mine, you had apparently posted yours...no harm...

I do understand how you feel, but I don't think that GB realized certain things
about reading privacy...I don't think she actually meant any harm, sweetie.

We all deserve a break now and then...and now that she knows, I am sure she
will correct that. I am truly hoping that she WILL make friends with these readers
because she is so drawn to them...I think she can learn a lot from them...
I do believe in taking lessons from someone more knowledgeable.:thumbsup:

Blessings of Light and Peace!

gorgeousbutterfly

i don't delibertly browse things to eavesdrop i just can't help but hearing and honestly i do enjoy the things i overhear. its interesting what goes on a real tarot reading and i was too curious. and quite frankly i don't think its unethical. you think what you want.

gorgeousbutterfly

tarotlyn said:
Wendywu, :heart: sweetie, we posted almost at the same time...when I was writing
mine, you had apparently posted yours...no harm...

I do understand how you feel, but I don't think that GB realized certain things
about reading privacy...I don't think she actually meant any harm, sweetie.

We all deserve a break now and then...and now that she knows, I am sure she
will correct that. I am truly hoping that she WILL make friends with these readers
because she is so drawn to them...I think she can learn a lot from them...
I do believe in taking lessons from someone more knowledgeable.:thumbsup:

Blessings of Light and Peace!

:) I am taking lessons from one of the readers, every week in fact. but i still don't know what goes on a real reading. and its diff then from reading it on here.

tarotlyn

:heart: gorgeousbutterfly ...so sweetie...are you going to check with those
readers and see if you could possibly take some lessons from them?

I did that when I was first learning (took lessons at a Metaphysical shop) and it
was fantastic and all that knowledge has stuck with me all these many years...
...you won't be sorry!:)