Had my first 'Aha' moment with my new deck!

jcwirish

Earlier today I received a new deck in a trade. It's Lisa Hunt's 'Once Upon a Time' deck. Right off the bat I loved the artwork and detailed imagery. I put the accompanying book aside and took my cards out onto the patio with my journal. As I started to go through them, all kinds of thoughts were going through my head. I started writing down my initial impressions and before I knew it, I had written a page or so on each of the Major cards. This has never happened to me before. I usually look at the images and admire them, but don't intuit any more than what is right there in front of me in the picture.

This experience has made me so happy, not only because I didn't just go right to the book, but also because I truly felt that I was picking up on things that had merit and meaning to the card. I wasn't forcing ideas, they were just coming to me. It was so exciting and I can't wait to get back to it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this moment. I'm so happy I got this deck because it just seems to be right for me. It's a cool feeling. Hooray!

SherryZoned

Good for you!!! Glad something clicked!

Grizabella

That's great! You're off to a good start, then! :D

SunChariot

I am so happy for you too. I am suddenly remembering the first time I got to that point and how it felt. So I am really happy and excited for you!!!:heart:

Also what you saw in those cards, feel free to see different things in them the next time if that is what you see, just follow the same intuitive flow and use it again. If you just write down what you saw in each card and memorize your visions of the cards today you'd still be working with memorized meanigns even if they are your own. The meanings the cards have can flow and be fluid. But again I am really happy for you , great work!

Babs

jcwirish

Sunchariot,

great advice. It will be a challenge for me, but I understand the benefits of what you are recommending. I do tend to like to put things away in little boxes, but I had so much fun tonight just letting the ideas come out of me, I don't want to stifle that in the future.

thanks,

Johanna

SunChariot

jcwirish said:
Sunchariot,

great advice. It will be a challenge for me, but I understand the benefits of what you are recommending. I do tend to like to put things away in little boxes, but I had so much fun tonight just letting the ideas come out of me, I don't want to stifle that in the future.

thanks,

Johanna

That's why I said it to you, I know you like to put things in little boxes. :heart:

And again, excellent work! You're well on your way. :grin:

Babs

jcwirish

Babs,

Yes I love all my little boxes where everything fits so nicely. Hee Hee! If only it were true and everything could be compartmentalized so easily. Did my first read today for someone here on the forum. I went with my own thoughts, but I peeked at the book towards the end. Rome wasn't built in a day, and all that. It went well, I think. I got good feedback. Thanks for the encouragement.

Johanna

jcwirish

Babs,

Yes I love all my little boxes where everything fits so nicely. Hee Hee! If only it were true and everything could be compartmentalized so easily. Did my first read today for someone here on the forum. I went with my own thoughts, but I peeked at the book towards the end. Rome wasn't built in a day, and all that. It went well, I think. I got good feedback. Thanks for the encouragement.

Johanna

jcwirish

Babs,

Johanna

jcwirish

Why did my reply send three times? I can't figure out how to delete the extra two.