PDA

View Full Version : the quote function

mindxb
10-10-2009, 17:51
Hi There

When I use the quote function, I do and at the end. This works but I notice on some other member's posts, inside their quote it first says 'originally posted by...'. How do I add this bit, so people know who's quote I'm referring to?

Thanks

mindxb
10-10-2009, 17:53
what I was trying to illustrate is that I push the square bracket write quote and close bracket at the beginning - then do the same with a forward slash first (at least I think it's a forward slash!)

That works... just want to include the 'originally posted by...' part.

Cheers

Gidgee
10-10-2009, 18:03
Hi There

When I use the quote function, I do at the end. This works but I notice on some other member's posts, inside their quote it first says 'originally posted by...'. How do I add this bit, so people know who's quote I'm referring to?

Thanks

Took me a while to work this one out too!:rolleyes:
You just need to click the Quote button at the bottom right of the post you are responding to

or you can type it like this
type the [ symbol then, = without a gap then person's name(without a gap) then ]symbol without a gap. Type what you want and then use the close quote function
looks like this [QUOTE=bmurray8]

You can find a list of how to do various funtions such as links to websites, other posts, italics, bold etc at the bottom of the screen under posting rules - look for V8 code and click the link!:)

mindxb
10-10-2009, 22:36
Thanks, that's great... will use that in future (or at least try to!)